RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow that looks sexy! :)
I can't wait for the Linux build :hyper:

Urs wrote:Hope you like :)
(our first mostly vector-based skin)
Wow, beautiful, beautiful work, Urs :o :love:
Can't wait to use it!
Will you make this skin available for Zebra2 too?
To each his own, but I think it's much nicer than current DotEight/DarkEight skins.

Yeah it would be pretty nice to have that skin in regular Zeebs!

Also looking forward to this skin (any ETA?)

I wonder if we are seeing the future for Zebra 3 :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This looks great! It looks like something I could work with for many hours without getting tired. Clear, convenient and practical.

Hi Urs,

Can I expect that with the Dark Zebra 2.8 update the total number of available parameter assignments increases from 1,024 (maybe to 2,048) for Dark Zebra (and maybe for Zebra as well)?

Regards,

Tosza

That does look great.

I enjoy DZ’s Frankensynth vibe, and the new look does keep it nice and dark. How will you notify owners the update is ready?

AF

My guess, based on what they have always done in the past.....
A Public Beta thread on her pinned to the top...... and eventually when the beta period is over and the final version is ready, an email and tweet that it has been released when it has.
rsp
sound sculptist

HZ approved of course ?

zvenx wrote:My guess, based on what they have always done in the past.....
A Public Beta thread on her pinned to the top...... and eventually when the beta period is over and the final version is ready, an email and tweet that it has been released when it has.
rsp
It's not possible to do a public beta test with this... it would become free for all Zebra users.

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:My guess, based on what they have always done in the past.....
rsp
It's not possible to do a public beta test with this... it would become free for all Zebra users.
Duh Richard!!! :)
rsp
sound sculptist

The new skin certainly looks cool. Although I do suppose I prefer the darker/muted colors of the original...and the zebra stripes! :)

And I guess the original skin will still be there for those who want to use it along with the new browser...as is the case with Zebra 2.8. That'll be cool. It would also be neat to just see a simple update of the original with higher res graphics. Although, the original is still not too bad in its current state for someone like myself using it on a small laptop screen anyways. Aside from being an awesome and powerful synth, it's like owning an incredible piece of synth history, and using the old skin might be part of that history/nostalgia.

Out of curiosity, it would be fun to hear from the pros and veteran programmers as to whether they make the switch to the better graphics of a new skin, or stick to the original skin out of familiarity. Aside from just higher res graphics, I know there's the huge benefit of the new expandable editor views. But ya never know if and why some folks might stick to what they are familiar seeing. That can go for Zebra2/ZebraHZ or any synth really. Sometimes it can affect slightly how we are inspired when we first sit down with something.

So do Howard and Hans both make the switch to the new skin? What about others of you? Does visual familiarity play a big role in approach and creative workflow when working with a plugin? Or is all of that easily brushed aside for the new benefits of the new skins?

dangayle wrote:

Dude. That skin right there is going to make me use my 25% coupon. I was on the fence about getting it, but that looks sick. Better than the .8 skin.
Sorry, but I don't think you can use the 25% coupon on this, since it is a soundset-

cis-didge wrote:
dangayle wrote:

Dude. That skin right there is going to make me use my 25% coupon. I was on the fence about getting it, but that looks sick. Better than the .8 skin.
Sorry, but I don't think you can use the 25% coupon on this, since it is a soundset-
Nah, it worked just fine.

dangayle wrote:Nah, it worked just fine.
That's how I got it too!

Return to “u-he”