Delphi ASIO & VST sourceforge project

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is the library Xe2 64bit compatible?
or Lazarus Win64 bit?

Can't seem to get it going in either environment.
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

TheSteven wrote:Is the library Xe2 64bit compatible?
or Lazarus Win64 bit?

Just wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong on my end (for example not installing it correctly in Lazarus) or not.

Had to completely reinstall Delphi Xe2 again so I thought I'd try once more to install the DelphiAsioVST components.

Downloaded the latest build from SourceForge #1691

I only had 2 problems installing the packages in 32bit (haven't tried 64 bit yet).

1)Assertion failure.
trunk\Source\DAV_Classes.pas, line 707
This went away when fixed a couple of the search paths and re-installed the other packages again.

2)problem - DAV_GUI_D16.dpk
Contains contains the reference to an non-existent file DAV_GuiDialNew.pas

Once I commented the line out

Code: Select all

DAV_GuiDial in '..\..\Source\GUI\DAV_GuiDial.pas',
  DAV_GuiDialDesign in '..\..\Source\GUI\DAV_GuiDialDesign.pas',
  //DAV_GuiDialNew in '..\..\Source\GUI\DAV_GuiDialNew.pas',
  DAV_GuiDynamicWaveform in '..\..\Source\GUI\DAV_GuiDynamicWaveform.pas',
  DAV_GuiEQGraph in '..\..\Source\GUI\DAV_GuiEQGraph.pas',
I was able to install the package just fine.

Next step is to see if I can get things working in 64 bit mode.
Edit:
Never mind - DelphiAsioVST is not set up for 64 bit, all packages require designide which is not use in 64 bit.

...Steven

I'm also trying to complie this in to 64bit app, I need both ASIO and VST
TheSteven wrote: Never mind - DelphiAsioVST is not set up for 64 bit, all packages require designide which is not use in 64 bit.

...Steven
In other packages, including my own and third-party, I have got around designide, by splitting the packages in to a designtime and runtime pack.
So I remove all the "Register" functions from the packs, so that it has nothing to do with the ide, and make this a "runtime only"-pack. Then i create a new pack that is design time only, add the original pack to the requires section, and add the register functions/units in this pack.
This has worked with other components, so I'm trying this out on this project as well.

Nikolai wrote:I'm also trying to complie this in to 64bit app, I need both ASIO and VST
TheSteven wrote: Never mind - DelphiAsioVST is not set up for 64 bit, all packages require designide which is not use in 64 bit.

...Steven
In other packages, including my own and third-party, I have got around designide, by splitting the packages in to a designtime and runtime pack.
So I remove all the "Register" functions from the packs, so that it has nothing to do with the ide, and make this a "runtime only"-pack. Then i create a new pack that is design time only, add the original pack to the requires section, and add the register functions/units in this pack.
This has worked with other components, so I'm trying this out on this project as well.
I think a better way of doing this would be by adding compiler directives so that when you compile the code as 64 bit the offending items would be ignored. This is the way that the project handles compatibility between various versions of Delphi and Lazarus - it just hasn't been done yet for Delphi Xe2/Xe3 64 compilation.

The other issue might be the 32 bit assembly code used in various places.
The project looks like it has support for Lazarus 64bit. Don't know if the 64 bit code was completed or works (has anyone tried using this project with Lazarus 64bit?).
If the asm code works for Lazarus 64 bit then it might work for Delphi 64 (sorry my knowledge of asm is almost nil).

I'd be interested in getting this to work in 64 bit, but don't know if I can help you out on this, I'm still trying to clear my remaining 2012 projects from my queue.

...Steven

TheSteven wrote: I think a better way of doing this would be by adding compiler directives so that when you compile the code as 64 bit the offending items would be ignored. This is the way that the project handles compatibility between various versions of Delphi and Lazarus - it just hasn't been done yet for Delphi Xe2/Xe3 64 compilation.

The other issue might be the 32 bit assembly code used in various places.
The project looks like it has support for Lazarus 64bit. Don't know if the 64 bit code was completed or works (has anyone tried using this project with Lazarus 64bit?).
If the asm code works for Lazarus 64 bit then it might work for Delphi 64 (sorry my knowledge of asm is almost nil).

I'd be interested in getting this to work in 64 bit, but don't know if I can help you out on this, I'm still trying to clear my remaining 2012 projects from my queue.
Yes, compiler directives are the way to go for sure, but it is hard to say what can simply be ignored.
and yes the asm code is the big issue, i'm guessing it would need to be coded for x64 to work, but I see that many places where the compiler complains about asm there is an "alternative section" en-capsuled in the "purepascal" directive.
I don't know what that is for, or even how much speed we loose when bypassing all the asm code.
I'll mess around with this a bit and keep you posted

Apparently ASIO VST does not work with Fastcode 0.6.4. Which version should I be using--and where can I find it ( I cannot seem to find any earlier versions on the fastcode site)?

Thanks

Thought I'd update my local copy against SVN and apparently the latest revision has some corruption issues. It doesn't download garbage onto your system it just looks like perhaps the latest updates under the "Experimental" folder are not accessible.

Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://projectjedi.svn.sourceforge.net ... ed/include'
Unexpected HTTP status 500 'Internal Server Error" on
'/svnroot/projectjedi/trunk/shared/include'
Additional errors:
Could not open the requested SVN filesystem

I have spent several weeks getting to know this ASIO/VST DSP plugin package. It is rather impressive seeing all the work that went/goes into this.

I have been developing my VST's using Synthmaker for several years, but wanted to move beyond Synthmaker. I programmed in Delphi years ago (up to D7), hence my interest in DelphiASIOVST.

I decided to try and make VST's with this package, but I can see that there is little help for understanding it. Lots of pouring over of code needed. But this is also difficult because there is so much code change from version to version. It is very difficult to tell which code changes are for different Delphi versions compatibility, and which code changes are for improvements in the structure for making VST's. Reading comments in the repository or forums is about the only help you have--cryptic as they can be at times. My frustration is not in ANYWAY directed at Christian, or anyone who has worked on this. I would very much like to use this software for developing my VST's. I have had some success already, and a few solutions will probably get me on my way to making more sophisticated VST's.

I have just a few questions for anyone who has some knowledge about this fine package. Is anyone using this to produce production VST's?

I am using D7 and a 2009 svn level (1361) version of DelphiASIOVST. I use this version as it seems to be the latest version where I can get good compatibility with D7. I am able to get almost everything to compile except VST_Host and VST_SE (which I don't really need). I am keeping my eye on the Delphi XE2 compatibility issues as I might move to that later, but for now this is what I am using.

I am able to compile examples (with just a few modifications sometimes), and make some simple VST's on my own.

However, I can't seem to find or make ANY VST's made with this package that will work in J. River Media Center--including everything on Chritain's website.

All of my Synthmaker VST's work in it, and every VST I own (not made with DelphiASIOVST) works in this software. When I attempt to run the Delphi made VST's I get the error message "Output format not supported." Is there a special VST output format this package is not creating? Interestingly, Audition, Audacity, and Cubase seem to work with these VST's fine. Note: J. River Media center performs the operations in real time, so maybe this has something to do with it.

I also see that these VST's can be compiled to work in Winamp. I was able to compile an older 1.3 version example that does work in Winamp as a plugin, but my newer version does not include that (simple delay) example; and while I see Winamp terms referenced in the code examples, I cannot seem to figure out how to get them to compile for Winamp. Did this process change? Is the only way now to make a VST and then have a seperate bridge program? The code changes are dramatic enough that I cannot figure out how to do this--if it is possible anymore.

Any help/answers is/are appreciated.

TheSteven wrote:Is the library Xe2 64bit compatible?
or Lazarus Win64 bit?

The latest release (svn 1709) works fine with XE5 64bit. Could not get it to work properly with Lazarus 64-bit (installed ok, but the compiled vst would crash the host).

Does this work properly with lazarus now?

HtStudios wrote:Does this work properly with lazarus now?
Nope...

Anyone out there got a working version of Macaw source code for Delphi 5, 6 or 7

And a happy new year too.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
paoling wrote:FOUND!!!!
I had to rescribe the class VoiceList, that is really similar to a TObjectList.

I inherited the old methods and I forced the typecast for some functions (to avoid using "is" in the other part I think). This is the new shorter class.

With a simple replace, it could compile all the other Synth examples (in 64 BIT!!!)
:-)
Bit of a late reaction, but DelphiAsioVST has not been updated since this thread, so this is still relevant:

The class tries to make up for missing Generics support in older compilers.
So you can replace the contents of the entire unit by something like this, and everything will work. Having a separate unit for it is not needed. Just define a TObjectList<TSineSynthVoice> instead of TVoiceList.

Code: Select all (#)

uses Generics.Collections, SineSynthVoice;

interface 
type 
  TVoiceList = class(TObjectList<TSineSynthVoice>);

implementation

end.

Salih Sertkaya wrote:Hi NickNameX,
NickNameX wrote:
Salih Sertkaya wrote:Please, look at Macaw updates and download the macaw project for D7..
Hello Salih Sertkaya,

the rapidshare link has expired. Do You know another
link where to get this D7 archive of macaw ?

Thanks.
Here is a flash video about making MACAW compile under Delphi 7.

Here is MACAW components for Delphi 7.

Thanks to deepinshade for flash video and sharing:-)

I hope it helps to you.

Best regards,
Salih Sertkaya
Any of links doesn't work!
Please, give worked links for download MACAW components for Delphi.
Search in Google didn't yield results... :(

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”