Delphi ASIO & VST sourceforge project

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe I'm wrong person (w/o Delphi installed/knowledge) to give instructions but thoughts only. I suppose you find the openASIO.dll by searching your hard disk(s) since it comes w/ many software.

If you can't find it, it should be in your backups for prev. installation of these libs.

Also it comes w/ MiniHost (least w/ v. 1.64) too which you can DL from TobyBear's site.

Juha

Hello,
this file I have on my harddisk. I put it now into
the MiniHost folder.
The result is the same.
I can open ASIO drivers, I can change driver settings.
But I cannot hear any plugin sound.
(Only allways a piano)
with best regards
Norbert

If you load energyXTE or VSTi into MiniHost and then the VSTi into eXT, is the result same?

Juha

juha_p wrote:If you load energyXTE or VSTi into MiniHost and then the VSTi into eXT, is the result same?
Juha
Hello,
I think, I have energyXTE on my computer.
I will check it.
Thanks.
with best regards
Norbert

If still no audio, I suppose the openASIO.dll is not added into complation.

DASIOHost.pas:

{.$DEFINE OpenASIO}
// define OpenASIO to compile using old OpenASIO interface (needs OpenASIO.dll)

Juha

juha_p wrote:If still no audio, I suppose the openASIO.dll is not added into complation.

DASIOHost.pas:

{.$DEFINE OpenASIO}

Juha
Hi,
I have checked it with energyXT: The same problem: No sound.
-
You are rigth: the define was set to {.$DEFINE OpenASIO}
I have set it to {$DEFINE OpenASIO}
Now the code I cannot compile. here is a problem:
Line 977
if assigned(Driver) then
if not Succeeded(Driver.Init(Handy)) then Driver :=nil;
The variable handy is unknown.
I have made a new variable "Myhandle" and set it to
MyHandle := Application.Handle.

I have rebuild the code.
But the same problem. No any sound from the plugins.

Thanks again for your fatigueless help.
with best regards
Norbert

By the previous error messages, where the openASIO.dll is looked from? Is there some path "missing"/"set wrong" and the driver can't be found?

Juha

juha_p wrote:By the previous error messages, where the openASIO.dll is looked from? Is there some path "missing"/"set wrong" and the driver can't be found?

Juha
Hello,
the openASIO.dll is in the same folder as MiniHost.pas
-
No any messages missing or set wrong the dll.
When I rename openasio.dll to _openasio.dll comes no
messages, too. Therefore I think, this dll is not in use.
But where I can see this ?
-
I can change ASIO drivers. I can see Asio driver Control Panel. I can hear any tones, when I set MidiThrue.

with best regards
Norbert

juha_p wrote:By the previous error messages, where the openASIO.dll is looked from? Is there some path "missing"/"set wrong" and the driver can't be found?
Juha
Hi,
I have made an message window.
If the dll missing, the result is false else the result is true.
That means, the program found the dll.

with best regards
Norbert

juha_p wrote:If still no audio, I suppose the openASIO.dll is not added into complation.

DASIOHost.pas:

{.$DEFINE OpenASIO}
If the DEFINE is set according to the above situation (disabled because of the '.') then the BeRoASIO unit is used for interfacing. This should work very well in 2k and XP systems. However there might be an issue with W98 (which even isn't supported anymore by microsoft!). It should work there as well, but it is untested so far.

The fallback to OpenASIO is there for downward compatibility and testing. In general you can live perfectly without the helper DLL.

Regarding the MiniHostCore example I don't know why you hear no sound. Have you tried the simple ASIO-Demo-Host example? If that example works, then ASIO is working well. In that case the problem is somewhere else.
Unfortunately I don't know too much MiniHost internas to give proper help here. In my environment it works perfectly fine using my own synth (written with the VST Wizard and unreleased yet). I will provide the SineSynth-Example and a simple Sampler Example to show how these things work. Starting now and available through SVN tonight.

I will also create a new release with the 10 bugfixes found so far.

Kind regards,

Christian

Just want to let you know that I finally added the sine synth example. I is very simple and especially featuring the new MidiKeys component, which is also added through the new DVSTGFX package.
The stuff is only available through SVN right now.

Christian

P.S.: For everyone who wants to be up-to-date I suggest using Tortoise SVN. It took me about 2 minutes to configure it. You might need a sourceforge account though.

[quote="Christian Budde"]Just want to let you know that I finally added the sine synth example. I is very simple and especially featuring the new MidiKeys component, which is also added through the new DVSTGFX package.
The stuff is only available through SVN right now.
/quote]
Hi Christian,
thanks for stuff. But the compiler missing the file
DMidiKeys.res
with best regards
Norbert

Christian Budde wrote: Regarding the MiniHostCore example I don't know why you hear no sound. Have you tried the simple ASIO-Demo-Host example? If that example works, then ASIO is working well. In that case the problem is somewhere else.
Unfortunately I don't know too much MiniHost internas to give proper help here. In my environment it works perfectly fine using my own synth (written with the VST Wizard and unreleased yet). I will provide the SineSynth-Example and a simple Sampler Example to show how these things work. Starting now and available through SVN tonight.

I will also create a new release with the 10 bugfixes found so far.

Kind regards,

Christian
Hi Christian,
I have downloaded your bugfixes and the problem is the same. The simple ASIO-Demo-Host example works very well.
Can you send me a compiled version MiniHost for test the
environment.
with best regards
Norbert

Norbert Stellberg wrote:thanks for stuff. But the compiler missing the file
DMidiKeys.res
The file has been added to the source directory as well. Also there's a DVSTGFX.dpk package in the "Delphi *" directories. This needs to be installed before.
I suggest using Tortoise SVN, so you alsways see what has changed and you don't need to browse through the directories manually.
Norbert Stellberg wrote:I have downloaded your bugfixes and the problem is the same. The simple ASIO-Demo-Host example works very well.
If the ASIO-Demo-Example works very well, then it hasn't to do anything with ASIO.
Norbert Stellberg wrote: Can you send me a compiled version MiniHost for test the environment.
I'll do a pre-compiled pack, as soon as I update the official (in the sense of non SVN) release pack. It's a bit more complicated (through sourceforge, compared to SVN).

Kind regards,

Christian

Christian Budde wrote:
Norbert Stellberg wrote:But the compiler missing the file
DMidiKeys.res
Sorry, I have checked again. The file is missing.
Christian Budde wrote: I'll do a pre-compiled pack, as soon as I update the official (in the sense of non SVN) release pack. It's a bit more complicated (through sourceforge, compared to SVN).
That is very nice.

with best regards
Norbert

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”