KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's nice!
g200kg wrote:* KnobBrowser is updated. SkinMan's skin-file also be thumbnailed (for Vista or later).
* Added the KnobBrowser register/unregister button on the "File-Option" dialog.
How to make this work for .skin-files on XP?
ImageImage

WOK wrote:That's nice!
g200kg wrote:* KnobBrowser is updated. SkinMan's skin-file also be thumbnailed (for Vista or later).
hmm, currently unsupported because the thumbnail related API has big changed on Vista. i would make consideration if still there are many XP users.

g200kg wrote:hmm, currently unsupported because the thumbnail related API has big changed on Vista. i would make consideration if still there are many XP users.
It's not that important, because there won't be so muchs skins on a hd like knobs :wink:
(although there will be more XP then Vista users :D )
Better spend time for the other things (like this)
ImageImage

g200kg wrote:
WOK wrote:
hmm, currently unsupported because the thumbnail related API has big changed on Vista. i would make consideration if still there are many XP users.
I suspect a lot of SkinMan users ARE still working with XP, that includes me :wink:
So, pretty please for supporting .skin-files on XP :)

KnobMan 1.49

Just for bugfix that found in SkinMan thread and other.
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

ver 1.49
* BugFix: Layer visibilities cannot save/load normally.
* BugFix: With multi-style, visibilities are not normally managed by Layer add/delete.
* BugFix: Crash when inter-instance Copy&Paste

Very well. Time to upgrade Knobman to a more up to date version.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Two things I noticed that might be fixed some time:
- png/jpg-textures are at the end of the texture list, not alphabetically (like in Skinman before)
- could the texture size% change accordingly when changing the main image size of the whole knob?
ImageImage

FR: Borders for primitives, exactly like there done in skinman please.

hi g200kg, or anyone at least... i've installed the latest version of knobman, and now the knob browser doesn't work. i can only see the typical knobman icon, but not the knob itself when switching to thumbnail...
anyone know how to solve this? i'm on xp sp3...

thanks in advance!

edit:
forget it, found it already. it's always a good thing to read the manual. ;)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Hey Gaito,
I know I'm coming late to the party-but I brought Mt. Dew!! Thank you SO much for Knob/Skin Man!! One of my SE brothers and now KVR brothers sent me this thread. So ba rump ba bump bump!! I don't wanna see it die!!
I've been trying to make a distortion pedal with a silver click on/off button-like the Rat pedal. I looked in the KnobMan example thread and I didn't see any examples of what I'm doing. If anyone has an example of one I would like to see it and study the SE structure.
I've been using KnobMan for a while and just got the point of animation in the program. I'm just not too sure how to make the button "clickable" if everyone understands? So let's jump start the thread again and post some new work!!
OG \m/

asseca wrote:
g200kg wrote:
WOK wrote:
I suspect a lot of SkinMan users ARE still working with XP, that includes me :wink:
So, pretty please for supporting .skin-files on XP :)
+1

Never used Vista (literally - never), and have only one machine (laptop) with Win 7 x64. All of my other machines (4 networked DAWS/2 networked 3D/graphics) ALL use Xp-Pro (sp2/sp3). With the investment I've made in software and configurations, that WORK well with XP-Pro, I don't see that changing for a very long time.

[2c]
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

+1
Xp user here too
Knob Man lover with XP machines, should I say ;)

+100000 and there's a valid reason for it:
a lot of skinman users/knobman users are musicians. and like i, they skipped vista due to serious issues. now, to really switch to win7 it only makes sense if considering switching to 64bit. but for a lot of musicians that means, that they have to get all their plugins in 64bit, of which a lot of them are not there or simply won't be availlable at all, as well as (f.e. in my case) there will be no drivers for the audio hardware for win7... due to these reasons, a lot of users hesitate to do the step to win7, as win xp just feckin works. it's a flawless, very stable and bulletproove system, and if you're serious about your music, you think twice before switching to another os... not that win7 is bad, but like i said, it's a hughe step, which involves a lot of work for it to be finally set up, as well as a lot of hardware will have to be replaced, of which some isn't even possible...

so in summary, xp is, even if it's old, still a leading operating system. it's not like win95/98, where everyone was just eagerly waiting for xp, due to the fact that win/95/98 had serious issues in stabulity and performance. infact, if the memorylimit of win xp wouldn't be existing, for a lot of users there wouldn't be a reason at all to switch to win7. there's a general rule, if you're serious: never touch a running system. and win xp just runs.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

^You're so true!
I wouldn't have explained it better.
Thank you very much.

+ everything Brok said!!!

:tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”