These look mint!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.
Ivan_C
KVRian

1022 posts since 11 Aug, 2004, from Marcoussis, France

Postby Ivan_C; Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:03 am

For g200kg :

I use a lot Knobman for my GUI projects, and I have to say this really a great tool, which works well with Photoshop to design any Knob idea I have :wink:

Anyway, I have a feature request : when I use an offset on every layer, I have some problems to use the mask capabilities, for example the radial ones. Is it possible to match the center of the mask with the offset of the layer ?

Thanks a lot !
Ivan_C
KVRian

Postby Ivan_C; Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:51 am

Any news for my request ? :D
g200kg
KVRist

485 posts since 22 May, 2004, from Yokohama, Japan

Postby g200kg; Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:37 am

Wolfen666 wrote:Anyway, I have a feature request : when I use an offset on every layer, I have some problems to use the mask capabilities, for example the radial ones. Is it possible to match the center of the mask with the offset of the layer ?

hi,
Mask can be offset with RotateAt-CenterX/Y parameters.
please set the CenterX/Y to same value as OffsetX/Y :)
Ivan_C
KVRian

Postby Ivan_C; Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:46 am

OK, my bad, thanks :D
Alix Cooper
KVRer

29 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby Alix Cooper; Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:14 am

Marvelous resource... but why aren't the knob moving in SE ? Is it a knowne issue ??
WOK
KVRAF

2047 posts since 24 Feb, 2004, from Germany

Postby WOK; Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Alix Cooper wrote:Marvelous resource... but why aren't the knob moving in SE ? Is it a knowne issue ??

You need to make the corresponding .txt file for Synthedit. Info
ImageImage
Alix Cooper
KVRer

29 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby Alix Cooper; Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks Wok.

Took me a while to figure it out but i finally got it to work earlier today :)...
so much to learn :) Thanks for the reply... and the link :)
SpongeBob70
KVRer

1 post since 8 Mar, 2014

Postby SpongeBob70; Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:50 am Re: KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

Hello guys,

I've just translated a french globalization file (fr.ini) and would like to share it with other french users. Is it possible to send the file somewhere so that it could be included in the new release of this awesome Knobman software ?
g_loughnan
KVRer

29 posts since 20 Feb, 2010

Postby g_loughnan; Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 am Re: KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

Interested in speaking with people re: front end design for an application I'm working on. I'm looking for a minimalistic type design along the lines of Ableton. There will be 3 apps; Windows, iPad & iPhone. I'm just interested in talking to people about the GUI design/front end design of the applications though. PM if this sounds interesting..
wikter
KVRian

778 posts since 10 Oct, 2002, from Barcelona

Postby wikter; Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:20 am Re: KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

Hi, the knobs I've made/modded with Knobman (and put on the GUI of a SE 1.914 plugin) doesn't shows on other computers, does anyone knows why or what should I fix???
WOK
KVRAF

2047 posts since 24 Feb, 2004, from Germany

Postby WOK; Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:48 am Re: KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

wikter wrote:Hi, the knobs I've made/modded with Knobman (and put on the GUI of a SE 1.914 plugin) doesn't shows on other computers, does anyone knows why or what should I fix???

Did you load the saved as VST .dll in a host on your own computer and they showed up?
ImageImage
wikter
KVRian

778 posts since 10 Oct, 2002, from Barcelona

Postby wikter; Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:42 am Re: KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

Yes, the controls are viewable in all of my pc's since they've all SE installed. 5 pc, laptops & desktops.
Patchen
KVRist

62 posts since 17 May, 2003, from Austin, Texas

Postby Patchen; Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:42 pm Re: KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

Hi there,

I'm experiencing some artifacts using knobman in OS X Yosemite. Elements are becoming polluted with little speck like artifacts. Most recent version of java runtime and Knobman. I'm curious if anybody else Is having this problem? I've tried opening the java version to compare but it will not even open any files at this point.

Thanks!
selectedacre
KVRer

1 post since 17 Jun, 2010

Postby selectedacre; Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:56 pm Re: KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

This response is rather belated - but I wanted to confirm that I, too, experience these polluted pixels. Particularly when layering multiple elements that have numerous shadows/masks/XYzoom properties configured. Most often, I encounter these issues when the maximum size of my control is less than 100% of the actual width/height - even if my largest object is 98%, it will introduce these problems.

Just a conjecture, but it seems to be caused by some aliasing/missed calculation for the overall shadow appearance - similar to what one might see when a raycast is allowed to penetrate an object that shouldn't be transparent.

I've discovered a semi-workaround by creating a sort of dummy base layer (which is arranged such that it is behind ALL other elements) - this element must be 100% size, and contain no shadow/specular properties.

There are some additional 'tweaks' that may be necessary in order to get it to work properly (or to prevent it from ruining the knob/element design), such as setting Alpha to 1% because it's often the case that I don't want this object to be 'visible' - sometimes it works better using black/white fill.

I've also had success by simply duplicating the layers within which these dirty pixels appear - for whatever reason, this redundancy helps it calculate pixels correctly.

I've also changed some of my process to try to design my controls such that they utilize 100% of the overall width/height. When any shadows/layers need to extend beyond this size, I create them separately and layer them in the GUI as separate objects.

Tedious and frustrating, but it's such an otherwise powerful tool (and free), I can't complain too much :).
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development