KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really would like the ability to save out to numbered sequence or images rather than just strips
Needed this a couple of time lately and i have had to slice the strips manually myself
Not a biggie but anyway

Also now with the new stuff added one of the lighting control sliders is off screen when maximized on 1024x768

Cheers again for a great app

NAS
Omerta

ver 1.13
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html
just added 'Diffuse' option to some primitives.
brok landers wrote:and a bug (is it?) report:
unfold turned on seems to turn off antialiasing ...
'Unfold' option is supposed to use in conjuction with animated offsetXY or angle. if not so, the primitive will overwrite many times to same position that may be seen just like no-antialiased. :)

thanks g200kg, I really appreciate the many updates and the great tool :)

g200kg wrote:ver 1.13
just added 'Diffuse' option to some primitives.
brok landers wrote:and a bug (is it?) report:
unfold turned on seems to turn off antialiasing ...
'Unfold' option is supposed to use in conjuction with animated offsetXY or angle. if not so, the primitive will overwrite many times to same position that may be seen just like no-antialiased. :)
ahh i see ... will have to learn about that unfold stuff ... ;)
will check out the diffusion on the others, will let you know ... thank you so much!
:love:

edit:
great! now in fact all primitives exept text have diffusion!
just great, will have to check that within a real knob, but sofar it seems just what was needed!
now how about implementing the diffusion on the embossing, too, so that we can somehow "round" the embossing with diffusion, too? :oops:

btw, did you read the following post:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 93#3049393

maybe a genious like you has an idea about thatone?
please let me know ...
thanks again for one of the most innovative software out there!
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:one of the most innovative software out there!
he's not wrong,thanks for the updates! :love:

could someone please post an example-png, or at least hint what the unfold-thingy is useful on a gui? i don't really get it, but you guys will, i am sure ...
g200kg did post an png, but i can't seem to get around it ... :oops:
that would be nice!

thanks in advance ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

g200kg, another feature request:

how about a "round" parameter for the triangle shape? that would make things easier, if one does not want to have a sharp-edged (sharp-cornered?) triangle?

just an idea ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Wow great updates again.
brok landers wrote:could someone please post an example-png, or at least hint what the unfold-thingy is useful on a gui? i don't really get it, but you guys will, i am sure ...
g200kg did post an png, but i can't seem to get around it ... :oops:
that would be nice!
I think the best way to understand how this works is to take a line and rotate from 0 to 360 degrees, then click unfold and slowly increase steps from 0 upwards. This saves creating lots of layers where only one is needed.

Feature request, maybe have the preview/test images in a separate resizable window to all the other functions.

One of my latest GUI's, almost all the graphics where created with knobman and the rest with gimp:

beautyfull, but seems a bit complicated. what is it?

edit: checked your www
kostrz

Dunks wrote:I think the best way to understand how this works is to take a line and rotate from 0 to 360 degrees, then click unfold and slowly increase steps from 0 upwards. This saves creating lots of layers where only one is needed.
got it now, thanks!
but i was hoping i could use that feature with just a line, having it stacked horizontally, as a background for a vertical fader ...but unfolding is only working with rotating the shape ...
i know, for what i want, normally that's what the h-lines primitive is for, but i am having a lot of trouble to get it done the way i want, with the size, the count of lines, as well as distance between them ...
it's always distorted edges, or the distances between the lines are not right, or the size of one line differs compared to the other, etc ...
you know, to get it sharp _and_ small, i usually turn off antialiasing, which shouldn't be a problem, as the shapes' edges are not round, nor is the shape asymetric ... but for some reason i don't get it to work properly ...
sooo ... is there a way to do this with the unfold-feature, to overcome this problem?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

ehhhh .... bump? ;)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

brok landers wrote: sooo ... is there a way to do this with the unfold-feature, to overcome this problem?
Have you tried using a line and animating it with the offsets? I tried but had mixed results. I found that on a project 32x32 using offsets -49 - 51 with line width 13 and a unfold of 17 and the antialias off gave what you seem to be looking for.

Okay, I have released the KnobMan 1.14

Supported the 'Shape' primitive that can be designed with Bezier curves.

Sample:

Dunks, thx to nice explanation of 'unfold' :)
I think the 'Unfold' is useful but difficult to explain intuititively.

g200kg wrote:Okay, I have released the KnobMan 1.14

Supported the 'Shape' primitive that can be designed with Bezier curves.

Sample:

Dunks, thx to nice explanation of 'unfold' :)
I think the 'Unfold' is useful but difficult to explain intuititively.
:-o

thanks g200kg !

hahaaa! there you go, g200kg! thank you so much! :)
just great!
only one thing:
the new shape primitive, can it please have diffusion, too?
thank you so much again!
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”