KnobMan/SkinMan Examples

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hlis93 wrote: webpage where I have some more pic of what I've been up too...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29010258@N02/
Astounding. Those UI's are simply a pleasure to look at.

Especially nice rendering on the tortoise shell, btw. :hihi:

Leslie Sanford wrote:

Astounding. Those UI's are simply a pleasure to look at.

Especially nice rendering on the tortoise shell, btw. :hihi:
Oops, thats my Sulcata. My newest child. She's only 4lbs right now might hit 80-200lbs. Sorry, that's really off-topic.

Leslie Sanford wrote:Created with SkinMan and KnobMan. Kinda rough, but I think my GUI skills are slowly improving. I'm discovering that designing the layout of the controls takes as much talent as designing the controls themselves.

I wanted a stamped metal look for the labels and seperators.
:tu:
I've got nothing to sell...am I on the right site?

Hlis93 wrote:
WOK wrote:
ddsl wrote: Image
That's f*ckin' awesome !! :shock:
The Nomads Factory knobs are its alright. I like the the above one its cleaner. I was able to do that sort of thing in knobman in about 15min. last month with no troubles so it didn't really impress me, but they work well in the overall plugin which is more important. I think the VU is where the designer get my praise it was really well done and I was not able it imitate it that easy. Here a a pic of my efforts in that direction...

webpage where I have some more pic of what I've been up too...

Oh, you, again. :D (just joking)

I am a big fan. In fact, we had an exchange in a particular Reaktor thread a few months, ago. You, Sir, have quite the artistic eye and edge in this arena. :tu:

The Flickr portfolio is outstanding! :shock:

You've taken Reaktor to the next level! :D 8)

Thanks, for all your efforts! :clap:
I've got nothing to sell...am I on the right site?

duncanparsons wrote:
ddsl wrote:And after ?
yes another switch :

Hi, I hope this doesn't seem rude.. I love that button, but something didn't seem quite right to me about the 'on' image, I've played with the shadows a little... The difference is very subtle, but I think makes it a touch more convincing :)

dsp from ddsl

ATB
DSP
Yes, it's very subtle but i agree with you.
But i also agree with Hlis93 : when reduced you don't see it.

brok landers wrote:btw, with the 3d knobs you are as far as i am ... you have the same problem as i do, not knowing how to rotate the side-riffles ... :)
i was downloading the knobs in hope to learn how to do that ... :x :)
Yes you'll laugh. i don't even thought about that. :o
It seems to be difficult, the body of mine is a special shape that cannot be moved or rotated...

Let me show you my screw

ddsl wrote:Let me show you my screw

I think its fine.

Personally when I tried to make screws with knobman I add textures to it with Photoshop to get a little extra depth and dimension from it, after it was reduced in size. The knobman exports just seemed flat to me and lacked the spice that was needed, the brightness/contrast and curve tools are very useful to give it that metallic look and needed shadowing.
Last edited by Hlis93 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grrr - that idea is how I wanted to make that thing look alike but did not get it: :?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 27#3316627
ImageImage

Metallic Switch

I used the shape feature to model the stem. It's the first time I've used this feature.

The results are ok.

Leslie Sanford wrote:Metallic Switch

I used the shape feature to model the stem. It's the first time I've used this feature.

The results are ok.
those are a bitch and a half :) you almost need a 3D model :P

i'm still not happy with the ones i've ever made, but they are close enough i think. without taking a photograph and touching it up, it's so hard to get those right esp. because of the chrome reflections.

those are a bitch and a half :) you almost need a 3D model :P
Thanks, man. :)
i'm still not happy with the ones i've ever made, but they are close enough i think. without taking a photograph and touching it up, it's so hard to get those right esp. because of the chrome reflections.
I like the ones you did for me recently. :D

I began modeling this knob by using a knob schematic I found on the web. However, the more I worked on it, the less it looked like the schematic. The end result is nothing like I expected. I like the interplay of the shadows.

Eagle Eye Knob

Hlis93 wrote:
edit: just to test out my theory I lifted the screw image from your post and messed around a with it a bit using what I mention above. It would work well for things I like to do if it doesn't appeal to others, but it does seems to work out OK...

I haven't understood all your theory words (because of my native language) but i think the new lifted screw is a little bit different.

Yes, your new screw is beautiful but before, we saw a grey/metal screw and now it looks like a black/metal screw isn't it ?

but now i must say 'bravo' for all your work. Your Gui's are very beautiful. Looks so pro, congratulations. 8)

[quote="ddsl"}
I haven't understood all your theory words (because of my native language) but i think the new lifted screw is a little bit different.

Yes, your new screw is beautiful but before, we saw a grey/metal screw and now it looks like a black/metal screw isn't it ?

but now i must say 'bravo' for all your work. Your Gui's are very beautiful. Looks so pro, congratulations. 8)[/quote]

yeah, I did make it darker but it doesn't have to be it was just my personal taste. The Lingo is the names of the tools used in Photoshop CS3. It a great investment and works wonders combined with knobman, I need both to get what I want. The idea can be done in knobman, but its tricky since you have to use custom textures design for that purpose and you can add in custom PNG layers and reduce the alpha, contrast etc.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”