Win-to-OSX VST wrapper/adapter

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doesn't work to me. Installed Wine through Macports. Configured Wacvst as in the instructions. VSTs don't show in the Live scan.

Too bad. I suppose the technology needs some refinement but yes, it would be nice to have the Win VSTs on mac OS.

I'll simply use them on my windows partition on the mac and render audio out of them. Don't care much about DBlue Glitch (Sugarbytes Effectrix is pretty similar) but there is a PC VST instrument that I use.

So the day this technology actually gets easy to set up give me a call and I'd also pay for it.

So the day this technology actually gets easy to set up give me a call and I'd also pay for it.
the same for me.

i'm suffering most of the pains of hell while trying to do this but with no result. i didn't even manage to install wine, because of the need of a sdk installed.

Couldn't really they rewrite the same programs with some kind of gui or at least autoinstaller? geez :| i'm sure we'd pay for that, but do they know that we would?

Hi everyone,

I'm on SL 10.6.5 and live 8.2.1.
I tried wacvst with "making" Wine recommended version, and macports. These two ways didn't work for me. Wacvst don't show in plug in list, even trying every tips (SetFile, restart live without, personnal vst folder...)

Waiting for the next version. Thanks for your work !

hi! thank you retroware for your fantastic job with wacvst. i've put together a detailed tutorial with improvements. please check it out. thanks!
Last edited by enennu on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enennu
Man thanks for the tutorial, great job!
KM

enennu wrote:hi! thank you retroware for your fantastic job with wacvst. i've put together a detailed tutorial with improvements. please check it out

diaphone.blogspot.com

thanks!
Any chance you could put that where it can be accessed without an invite as is required by the redirect from the above to blogger.com?

Thanks

can anyone tell me if this process would work with winebottler 1.1.44 i really don't want to be tied to a commercial product like crossover if i don't have to be. i have sonar x1 plugins i'd like to use if possible, already paid a lot of money for that and don't have funds to be buying this that and the other. am willing to do the hard work to try to make it work, compile, configure whatever if this is feasible.

thanks, jason

I'm really amazed that you guys got this working. Why does it need to be rebuilt for each of us, is there any reason why a binary can't be distributed?

I'm also wondering why crossover is required here. Why not free Wine?

Even better, one of you smart guys that figured this all out ought to figure out how to make it all work with "wineskin." Then you can create a nice neat and tidy wineskin bundle which has everything self contained and can be easily distributed as a binary for all to enjoy.

A lot of potential here.

I'm really amazed that you guys got this working. Why does it need to be rebuilt for each of us, is there any reason why a binary can't be distributed?

Even better, one of you smart guys that figured this all out ought to figure out how to make it all work with "wineskin." Then you can create a nice neat and tidy wineskin bundle which has everything self contained and can be easily distributed as a binary for all to enjoy.

A lot of potential here.

Any way of getting an updated tutorial of how to get this working in Lion?

Would love to be able to run old PC vst's/vsti's in Logic!

Also interested in a LION solution ... did it with Snow Leopard and it was working great but I tried everything with LION and no success so far :? (mainly because MacPorts is not compatible to LION)

ankamaro wrote:Also interested in a LION solution ... did it with Snow Leopard and it was working great but I tried everything with LION and no success so far :? (mainly because MacPorts is not compatible to LION)
Did you use crossover or another version of wine? I'd like to try this without having to use crossover.

Dewdman42 wrote:I'm really amazed that you guys got this working. Why does it need to be rebuilt for each of us, is there any reason why a binary can't be distributed?

A lot of potential here.
+1
This isn't what you think.

skank wrote:
Dewdman42 wrote:I'm really amazed that you guys got this working. Why does it need to be rebuilt for each of us, is there any reason why a binary can't be distributed?

A lot of potential here.
+1
Makes sense, but is that possible? Besides using crossover could I just compile regular wine.1.1.33?

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”