Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Win-to-OSX VST wrapper/adapter

Dewdman42
KVRian

1301 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Postby Dewdman42; Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:10 pm

except I just noticed that you got the wacvst wrapper to work using VFX's wine, that I didn't notice before...so my humble apologies....I am the one off in outter space.. I will try your approach soon...
Calum
KVRist

153 posts since 3 May, 2003

Postby Calum; Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Dewdman42 wrote:There is also something that Imageline made in conjunction with Codeweavers, called CoreASIO. This is even better then wineasio because it does not require JackOSX, but I have not been able to find it available anywhere. Its included in the OSX FruityStudio beta that went out a few years ago but does not appear to be available anymore. That was using wine also and they developed an ASIO driver for the windows side that communicates directly to CoreAudio on the mac side. But good luck finding that.
It has just become available again: http://www.image-line.com/documents/new ... c-osx-beta Not sure if the CoreASIO driver will work with other hosts in a Wineskin. If you try it I would be interested in how you get on.
brambow
KVRer

1 post since 5 Feb, 2014

Postby brambow; Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:51 pm Re: Win-to-OSX VST wrapper/adapter

Does anyone have any experience getting wacvst to run on Mavericks? I'm stuck at trying to build wacvst from scratch. Steinberg doesn't make the 2.4 sdk available anymore, but the aeffect.h files needed can be found. However, I'm getting an error that says 'support/win32/support.h missing for Xcode.

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../lib/c++/v1/cwchar:110:10: fatal error:
'support/win32/support.h' file not found

Any ideas?
nammo
KVRer

1 post since 24 Mar, 2014

Postby nammo; Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:17 am Re: Win-to-OSX VST wrapper/adapter

Hi All -- I have a seemingly easy fix that I just can't seem to figure out. I followed the directions instructed here and tried to edit the .plist inside the package contents of the .vst file. It said that the volume it's in is read-only and I can't edit it at all.

I edited the permissions in terminal for that folder and every other folder (which when you go to get info to see the permissions, say's I have read and write permission) and changed them to read and write.

Any help on how to let me edit the config.plist file in wacvst.vst?

Thanks.
mustgroove
KVRist

450 posts since 23 Jun, 2005

Postby mustgroove; Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:36 am Re: Win-to-OSX VST wrapper/adapter

*bump*

Is there anyone out there with any interest in updating this for 2017 and beyond?
nbd
KVRist

65 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Postby nbd; Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:00 pm Re: Win-to-OSX VST wrapper/adapter

RedoJD
KVRer

1 post since 31 Dec, 2017

Postby RedoJD; Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:16 pm Re: Win-to-OSX VST wrapper/adapter

Anyone knows how to use this with newer Operating Systems, that would be great.

Happy New Year!
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development