New VST development package

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The boys at jDevelopment (Ninja and Rebel VSTi) seem to be upto something interesting

http://klangformer.de/

seems theyre developing a VST development package

cool... tnx

very interesting articles - thanks

There's a beta of Klangformer there too - it says its NOT the real Klangformer, just a stage in it's development. Pity there are no details on how to get the real Klangformer.

did you hear that mp3 by !jason using klangformer?
massive sound.

Interesting stuff, specially the 'using Flash as a GUI' article.

Ta.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yep, look very interesting indeed.

:?: Has anyone tried that beta version?

And while we are talking development packages. I doubt that this one is news to anyone but me, but has some of you tried the DX plugin development tool called PAPS?:
http://voyager.adsl.dk/knef/paps/
|| Less is more than more less - I'm not sure whether less is less than less more ||

I gather is somwhat in the vein of ixi-software or CPS?

Dr. Feelgood wrote:Yep, look very interesting indeed.

:?: Has anyone tried that beta version?

And while we are talking development packages. I doubt that this one is news to anyone but me, but has some of you tried the DX plugin development tool called PAPS?:
http://voyager.adsl.dk/knef/paps/
Haha, I love it when something new pops up, for me that is!! Cant believe Ive never come across this before, its been out for years, then again Ive always steered away from DirectX plugs.

Anyone have any more info or opinions on this app ??

Cheers

ageis quoth I gather is somwhat in the vein of ixi-software or CPS?

Dont think so. Ixi seems to be standalone plugins. CPS is closer to PD, or SynthEdit in some ways.

This !j system is actually an extension to Borland C++Builder; it doesnt appear to be a realtime system, and the 'modules' are DSP routines packaged for use in the visual part of the programming environment. Its still a software development environment, not an audio processing construction kit.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hmmmmmmmm.....It seems not enough people are showing appreciation of this project.

QUOTE FROM KLANGFORMER SITE:
As long there is nobody, who wants to support this idea of "Open Source Initiative", we assume that there is no public interest and will NOT release the new development kits (including the base framework) to the public.
This announce times out end February 2004. After this we will either release the ready "Open Source" project or switch it off.

....Well, I guess the public is just having a hard time showing interest in something that has not yet been released :P I think there'll be plenty of interest if its released!

But anyway....People outthere :!: Declare your interest to the Klangformer guys, because it would be a shame to see this package get lost.
They live here:
http://klangformer.de/
|| Less is more than more less - I'm not sure whether less is less than less more ||

Awsome. Hopefully this will make the development of plugins advance much faster.

Hmmmmmmmm.....It seems not enough people are showing appreciation of this project.

QUOTE FROM KLANGFORMER SITE:
As long there is nobody, who wants to support this idea of "Open Source Initiative", we assume that there is no public interest and will NOT release the new development kits (including the base framework) to the public.
This announce times out end February 2004. After this we will either release the ready "Open Source" project or switch it off.

....Well, I guess the public is just having a hard time showing interest in something that has not yet been released I think there'll be plenty of interest if its released!

This quote is about Ninja and Freesonic
(which of course had been released for years):wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: This quote is about Ninja and Freesonic
(which of course had been released for years):wink:
No it's not. It's about the opensource physical modeling project based on waveguides mentioned above.
Although I think those synths are opensource and use waveguides.

I guess I'm the kvr guinea pig for the klang beta.. hope my PC doesnt make the *klang* noise after installing..

note to those who try this.. on installation.. there is a vocal dance song that plays.. its VERY loud.. so turn your monitors/speakers down before starting to install.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”