Tube Preamp VST Plugin

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

davidguda wrote:…could try to build it [the plugin] myself from source if available... Juce is after all GPL if not having bought license.
A good number of Mac users are waiting with bated breath! ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Neat. Needs an output transformer, speaker, cabinet and mic/room sims now!

This is a great tube plugin.

I first thought there are only two knobs Drive and out gain.

But you can also move the knobs in the drawing. You can change Capacitor and resistor values with the knobs near the components ! :love:

Spitfire31 wrote:
davidguda wrote:…could try to build it [the plugin] myself from source if available... Juce is after all GPL if not having bought license.

/Joachim
Yes, a Mac version would be cool. A temporary solution could be a Reaktor Ensemble. Then the plugin would run on every platform, that is supported by Reaktor. But I don't know, how many people are actually working with Reaktor...?
Audio Software And Hardware projects:
http://philaudio.wordpress.com

Oddgit wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim
Yes, a Mac version would be cool. A temporary solution could be a Reaktor Ensemble. Then the plugin would run on every platform, that is supported by Reaktor. But I don't know, how many people are actually working with Reaktor...?
If you're using JUCE the Mac version should essentially be free. Multi-platform is kind of the point.

I'm sure if you put the project online someone will compile it on OSX for you.

AdmiralQuality wrote:...output transformer...
:love:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

I'm surprised, in a way, that no one has ever done this kind of "tweakable schematic" GUI design before. I fell in love with it in about three seconds. :)

The closest thing I can think of is Blockfish, but I know there are others that let you open the hood and tweak a little, just not to this extent.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

I'll write the last exam at the end of January. Thereafter I'll have more time to work on the plugin. I'll try to fix the loading noise and hopefully some other bugs. Also, I have to build the project in JUCE 2.0 (at the moment it's built with 1.53). When this is all done, I'll upload the source code to my website. Hopefully there's someone, who can compile it for Mac then.

Best,
Philipp.
Audio Software And Hardware projects:
http://philaudio.wordpress.com

8) :love: :tu:

AdmiralQuality wrote:Neat. Needs an output transformer, speaker, cabinet and mic/room sims now!
Indeed, but let's not forget the power tube stage, since that's where the magic happens... a nice single-ended EL-84 would pretty much rock my world. :love:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

bmanic wrote:Especially when running two plugins as a dual-mono configuration it can really naturally widen and give depth and some nice natural stereo instability to a project. It's awesome! This is definitely up there with the best of the best!
Care to elaborate on the process ?... (creating dual mono path in conjunction with Tube-Preamp)

Thanks !
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:
bmanic wrote:Especially when running two plugins as a dual-mono configuration it can really naturally widen and give depth and some nice natural stereo instability to a project. It's awesome! This is definitely up there with the best of the best!
Care to elaborate on the process ?... (creating dual mono path in conjunction with Tube-Preamp)

Thanks !
if you use REAPER, you need to put two instances one after the other, one accepting input from L and another from R (and set up outputs correspondingly).

in other DAWs i suppose you could do that with routing.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I think he means, why does dual mono make a difference?

And I think what bmanic is getting at is that you just play with slightly different settings in each mono instance, then run it as a dual mono aux buss and either run various tracks or the whole mix through it, and you get enough dynamic variation in the effect in each channel that it creates some extra stereo separation.

Maybe bmanic would be so kind as to share R and L example .fxp's for us to try that illustrate this effect. :)

Oddgit wrote:I'll write the last exam at the end of January.

Best,
Philipp.
Good luck with the test!

This is an awesome plugin, Philipp.

Hey, maybe you could start your own company and name it "Philipp's" :wink:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”