Cracked

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I am sorry this thread has turned into this big hot mess.
The bottom line is that I am at the point that I don't care that my software was cracked. Many people have made me feel better by their comments on this thread and through PM. Additionally, many people have given me great ideas about revising my website, marketing tips, and tips for unobtrusively beefing up my copy protection. THANK YOU profusely for all the suggestions and support.

And incidentally, @Crackbaby has been one of my beta testers and I really appreciate the help that he has been.

I am up to six sales, and that is 5 more than when this thread started. I think I will just keep working on things and making new plugins. I know that if I have a good product, good support, and if the price is reasonable, people will buy it. That will be my focus.

Just ordered a full copy. I like it. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Delfinoverde wrote:Crackbaby - your name says on which side you stand!(?)
does it? do you also think he's incredibly precocious for a baby?
Racism has nothing to do with naming a group of people with their correct name.
why then did you highlight the name in yellow, that seemed particularly racist to me.
Btw: It's a reality that those crack-teams are Japanese.
always interesting to get some input from someone with a good working insider knowledge of these things.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Racism has nothing to do with naming a group of people with their correct name.
why then did you highlight the name in yellow, that seemed particularly racist to me.
+1

Come on, guys, chill out. Make some choons. Feed the dog. Make love to your loved one. Eat some beans and muesli for a change. d= ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I don't want to contribute to any sress, but I also think that warezers can become legitimate buyers. Mainly because I downloaded warez when I was too young to realize it's bad. I believe, people who have other favourite hobbies than music making are those who won't buy ever.

And I think, feature voting should happen more, and could be an income. My idea about why it's not happening is, that developers don't want to deal with features that don't get realized. It looks bad, it maybe also feels bad. But when Renoise let users vote for features, I found it just cool, no matter if it would result in features coming to existence. Of course, with free beta and paid final version, paying for features is already happening, kinda. But as a customer, I think, devs should explore the kickstarter-mentality a bit more. E.g. I would pay didier dambrin $40 if he made knobs be read out without dragging :hihi:, but I'm no more using it. Sometimes it's really tiny details that discourage users.

random_id wrote:[..] I think I will just keep working on things and making new plugins. I know that if I have a good product, good support, and if the price is reasonable, people will buy it. That will be my focus.
Excellent idea! :hihi:
Grtx, Marc Jacobi.
VST.NET | MIDI.NET

@ whyterabbyt

:!: Japanese crack teams.
You believe it's racism using highlighted text? :o
Not much investigation is needed to find out WHO they are and where they're from. Racism and xenophobia have nothing to do with revealing some true facts, it's the opposite way: the more you know about others the less fear you have.

Delfinoverde wrote:@ whyterabbyt

:!: Japanese crack teams.
You believe it's racism using highlighted text? :o
Not much investigation is needed to find out WHO they are and where they're from. Racism and xenophobia have nothing to do with revealing some true facts, it's the opposite way: the more you know about others the less fear you have.
What a fun game, I love it. What can you tell us about the Cosa Nostra?

And if Crackbaby is a warez user I guess you must be an aquatic mammal, Mr. Green Dolphin.

How does knowing them being (if) Japanese help you with your fear? If you meet a stranger at night and he's not Japanese, then you're safe against being cracked? Or do you mean that a developer should deny anyone with a Japanese sounding name a purchase? Block all Japanese IP:s?
What other facts do you have about them? Do you seriously think calling out Japanese people a contribution against piracy?
If we removed everyone with Japanese genes, would piracy go away?
:hug:

That's ridiculous. Some of the bigger warez people are Danish/Russian. Many are spread all over the globe. There are warez groups all around the world, so singling out the Japanese is just slightly xenophobic.

standalone wrote:What a fun game, I love it. What can you tell us about the Cosa Nostra?

And if Crackbaby is a warez user I guess you must be an aquatic mammal, Mr. Green Dolphin.
Oh, i can tell you A LOT about "Cosa Nostra"!! :hihi:
But you can inform yourself about it with Google.
Yep, i love Dolphins.
:wink:

standalone wrote:And if Crackbaby is a warez user I guess you must be an Irish aquatic mammal, Mr. Dolphin O'Green
Fixed that for you.

I see a gigantic IBTL coming...

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”