Cracked

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AdmiralQuality wrote: I know for a fact that a Swedish band once told me that if I didn't donate them free software, they would just use a cracked copy instead.
Wow, that's just.. crazy :nutter: I assume you told them to f!^&!!# off

Nielzie wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote: I know for a fact that a Swedish band once told me that if I didn't donate them free software, they would just use a cracked copy instead.
Wow, that's just.. crazy :nutter: I assume you told them to f!^&!!# off
:hihi:

I say nuke the Japanese. [JUST KIDDING! :D]

However, I think there's far too much hype about the piracy these days. And as usual, it takes its toll on the poorest people, of course.

have you ever heard a rich guy being accused of downloading software or music? I don't think so.

All this hype about it is actually just crashing the poor more, and that's the thing most people don't GET. Like the psychopaths and simply not empathetic ones. Get a grip people. :( It's not all black and white. there are fine nuances in between those, a lot of them. It's easy to judge on the 1 and 0 principle. :( That's utterly stupid and narrow minded. Can you see beyond your street, your town, your country? :( If you can't, you're just... whatever.
Last edited by DuX on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

@George: :tu:

yay.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Can we please get this thread locked or move it out of the DSP board, as any actual help to the OP has already been posted pages ago. (And probably most of it by PM, as most of us actual developers have learned long ago that this is exactly the kind of bullshit we can expect if we try to discuss piracy in public on this site -- warez apologists and pooh poohers. f**k YOU! Some of US are poor too!)
Last edited by AdmiralQuality on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DuX wrote:I say nuke the Japanese. [JUST KIDDING! :D]

However, I think there's far too much hype about the piracy these days. And as usual, it takes its toll on the poorest people, of course.

have you ever heard a rich guy being accused of downloading software or music? I don't think so.

All this hype about it is actually just crashing the poor more, and that's the thing most people don't GET. Like the psychopaths and simply not empathetic ones. Get a grip people. :( It's not all black and white. there are fine nuances in between those, a lot of them. It's easy to judge on the 1 and 0 principle. :( That's utterly stupid and narrow minded.
Hmmm... you say it isn't all black and white, but your statement is all black and white.

I know famous musicians who have been accused of piracy. A friend who's band had several No. 1 hits in Germany has fallen for the Waves trap back then. I know a hollywood director who's been accused of downloading movies.

I know software developers who earn too little money to afford health care.

I know someone who's credit card was stolen and used to buy loads of software licenses. The shit he had to go through is unbearable.

No, it's not all black and white. But piracy hurts, there's no question about that.

Crackbaby wrote:Or do you mean that a developer should deny anyone with a Japanese sounding name a purchase? Block all Japanese IP:s?
What other facts do you have about them?
Hmmm... a certain group of crackers was mainly based in Japan - they said so themselves. They have stopped their endeavours since, but a new group uses a very similar style. Some people assume that this new group is formed from remnants of the former. In my observation those two groups have dominated the scene for audio cracks in the last two years. Hence some people assume that the majority of cracked audio software currently stems from Japanese crackers.

Which is helpful information when building localised measures of copy protection ;-)

I actually thought about what you think, too, Urs. But it wasn't so obvious. I'm also a bit too passionate of a person, so sometimes my posts can be misinterpreted. It takes a lot of patience to explain something perfectly through the text only, and even my 20 years or more on the "net" is not enough, it seems. :(

Anyway, I completely sympathise with what you wrote, and it's the truth, too.

That "too" part is why I resent philosophy. Nothing, NOTHING anyone states is always and completely true. Just more or less. That's why my posts tend to usually be quite long, because I try to elaborate stuff as best as I can, and my skills in elaboration aren't the best, I can absolutely admit that! :lol:

I could tell you about your post, and the wrong sides of it, but I simply don't have time to do it. To elaborate it all would take too long and I'm tired. I hope that you realise the wrong sides of your post yourself, and I somehow think you do, as you agreed that it's not all black and white, and I know you're a good guy. :D

Different rules for different people. Different ethics, different economic situation, different country. To take all that in account is a daunting task.

It's just easier to say "all piracy is wrong". It's like saying "your country is a communist one, so go fu** yourself". You know? Stuff like that. Too much generalising things. But to elaborate a thought, you should write a book, not post on the internet. ;)
Last edited by DuX on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

DuX wrote:Nothing, NOTHING anyone states is always and completely true.
That can't be true :hihi:

(no worries, I'm quite passionate myself)

Urs wrote:
DuX wrote:Nothing, NOTHING anyone states is always and completely true.
That can't be true :hihi:

(no worries, I'm quite passionate myself)
Naaah, you manage to contain yourself pretty well in the forums, I gathered. ;) But you could be boiling inside OTOH. :lol: Speaking of which, I definitely give you for the "support" side of things. You do a great job in supporting people, and gaining their trust. That's SO rare these days. :tu:

And since you now know I'm a Reaper user [about 5 years or so now], I'm used to Reaper forums, and you do a rather similar and great job as Cockos team in relations to the users. I actually tend to think that these days that makes a real distinction between selling your software or not. It might be... but everything is not just black and white, ey? :lol: It's just a certain percentage of people that buy it due to the great support, of course. But I tend to think that this thing is one of the main contributors to selling your software these days. No, I'm not going to go any deeper. :lol: [I could write a book about how this is only a part of the "big picture" :D]

Cheers!

Hey DuX,

if you're ever in Berlin please call! I'd like to invite you for a beer or two. :)

Fritze wrote:Hey DuX,

if you're ever in Berlin please call! I'd like to invite you for a beer or two. :)
I don't bother with just a beer or two. :hihi:

Just kidding, of course I'd like that, too. I actually plan to visit Berlin, since I've never been there and some friends told me I should visit it. I'm just not sure when. I love the German club scene, and industrial and electro that comes from Germany! :D

So if my smarter and better looking half says it's a go, we will visit it ;), and I'll keep you in mind, Fritze. :D

Cheers!

Cool DuX. :wink:

Coincidentally I started working on a song that uses some clipping. I will have to check out your product, and if I like it I'll definitely buy it! I mean...especially for the price. It might be the lowest priced product in my line up (not counting my hundreds of freeware)

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”