mp3 player VSTi with vinyl-control

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

i have access to a very powerful and professional "vinyl tracking" SDK.... i also have the cooperation of a very good GUI designer..... unfortunately i am not much of a C/C++ coder, so i am looking for someone who's interested in participating in the following idea:

a freeware application aimed at DJ's and live performers, to use for both DJ'ing combined with live performing using a laptop...in the most flexible and cost-effective way

to do this i think the following solution is very good:

an (high quality) mp3/OGG player VSTi plugin with drag&drop functionality, and the vinyl-tracking technique build in.... i was looking at an extension of f.e. MP3play2 VSTi(wehich uses the MAD decoder and is GNU licensed opensource)

a lean&mean VST host which can chain several VSTi and VST's and output the audio chains to multi i/o ASIO soundcard outputs...the VST host parameters (f.e. audio routing dry/wet sends etc) should be controllable by midi CC to enable hardware control over f.e. effect sends... i was looking at chainer or "simple VST host" as an inspiration...

i think programs like iTunes are very capable and good MP3 organisers, and if drag&drop is implemented in the MP3player VSTi every mp3-organiser that is perfered can be used to find, select, manage and cue MP3's....

the idea is basically to try and build this "structure" and give a free and much more flexible alternative to tools like Finalscratch....

ok, if you're interested in participating in any way i would love to hear from you!

cheers, Olaf

I cant help unfortunately, but its a great idea.
Ive been expecting this...
Good luck ! - looking forward

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”