Ableton Midi Remote scripts.

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good evening everyone. I've been doing a bit research into Abletons MIDI remote scripts in order to create a custom user script. Now, I'm not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination but i feel creating a custom user script is well within my reach - provided i'm able find enough information.

My main question is, do i need to reference the API in order to know what assign to as a controller?
Otherwise, what do i need to know?

Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum with lots of questions regarding this same topic, I hope I can just use this thread?
It seems like a lot of the information out there is a bit dated or just not clear enough.
A lot of them will go to a certain point and then say "this requires you to know python"

I've been struggling to learn python and remote scripts for some weeks now but the language in combination with the Ableton API is realy confusing to me.
I'm running Clyphx on my mac which is perfect for a lot of things but when I want to make some user actions I get totally lost.
I am trying to get this script to work, but somehow ableton doesnt see it, in the Log file I get this message:

1001 ms. RemoteScriptError: ImportError
1002 ms. RemoteScriptError: :
1002 ms. RemoteScriptError: No module named AAAA
1002 ms. RemoteScriptError:

This is my script for my init.py

Code: Select all (#)

#__init__.py
from Transport import Transport
def create_instance(c_instance):
    return Transport(c_instance)
And this for my Transport.py

Code: Select all (#)

#Transport.py
#This is a stripped-down script, which uses the Framework classes to assign MIDI notes to play, stop and record.
from _Framework.ControlSurface import ControlSurface # Central base class for scripts based on the new Framework
from _Framework.TransportComponent import TransportComponent # Class encapsulating all functions in Live's transport section
from _Framework.ButtonElement import ButtonElement # Class representing a button a the controller
class Transport(ControlSurface):
    def __init__(self, c_instance):
        ControlSurface.__init__(self, c_instance)
        transport = TransportComponent() #Instantiate a Transport Component
        transport.set_play_button(ButtonElement(True, 0, 0, 61)) #ButtonElement(is_momentary, msg_type, channel, identifier)
        transport.set_stop_button(ButtonElement(True, 0, 0, 63))
        transport.set_record_button(ButtonElement(True, 0, 0, 66))

self.log_message('Check')
These scripts I pulled from http://remotescripts.blogspot.nl (http://remotescripts.blogspot.nl) but they seem a little bit dated.
I know the Ableton API has been updated, I'm using 9, is my code out of date or is there something else going wrong here? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
Jor

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”