There are sooo many plugins out there, how are EVERYBODY so capable except of me???

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robojam wrote:You don't create plugins with Reaktor, you build ensembles, which require a copy of Reaktor (the plugin) to run.

If you're thinking of developing plugins, you really need to start by learning how to code in a language like C++.
Totally true, but, Reaktor is really a good tool to wrap your head around a lot of ideas about plugins. There's a lot of detail at the low level, but, at a high level, if you can't glue macros together in Reaktor there's probably not much chance that you're going to be able to wrap your head around coding a plugin.

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:It is a little bit a bad feeling that many other people are more capable of what I do so long!
tweaking filters like crazy? :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Well, not "everybody." I think it depends on the kind of thinker you are. Growing up I thought computers would be these artificial intelligences that one would just talk to. When I got my first Commodore 64 computer I clearly remember thinking, "This sucks." :oops:

Years went by where I basically wrote off the computer as something that wasn't ready yet. It wasn't until I saw a demo of a Mac running an application called Painter with a drawing tablet attached that I thought, "Ah, now this is interesting." But I was interested in the tools, not so much how they were built. I could add the creativity using the tool and it's features and limitations.

I honestly don't have the mental structure that writes good code. I've done some actionscripting (a scripting language used by Adobe's Flash application) and while I can do a lot of basic stuff, when true software engineers look at my code, they always laugh at it. I remember an instructor laughing at my code that was supposed to return a negative integer when a positive integer was input.

let x=x-(2x)

:lol: Of course, this speaks reams about why I'm good at things like lyrics and improvisational music. My brain doesn't just not see the obvious short path to the solution, it avoids it. Why? Not sure. I did grow up in industrial NJ. Mercury in the soil? :ud:

This may, or may not be you. If you don't think it's you, then start studying computer programming and DSP design. I'm content to find the beauty in other people's tools and "collaborate" with them by making music with them.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”