VSTi GUI example?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

The past time i've learned a lot about the VST SDK.
Basicly learnig how to develope an FX plugin with GUI. Making my own algorithms, controls and so on.
Most of this i learned from the the VST FX example in the SDK.

Now i want to tweak the vstxsynth example so it works with the VST GUI. There's no example of a VSTi with GUI in the SDK and i'm having a hard time to implement it correctly.

Does someone know of a good example of this... maybe I can learn a little from it.
My head is full of ideas... but i can't realize it AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGG! :help:

PJ

e-phonic wrote:Hi,

The past time i've learned a lot about the VST SDK.
Basicly learnig how to develope an FX plugin with GUI. Making my own algorithms, controls and so on.
Most of this i learned from the the VST FX example in the SDK.

Now i want to tweak the vstxsynth example so it works with the VST GUI. There's no example of a VSTi with GUI in the SDK and i'm having a hard time to implement it correctly.

Does someone know of a good example of this... maybe I can learn a little from it.
My head is full of ideas... but i can't realize it AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGG! :help:

PJ
Somebody has a lot of time :wink:
I have some ideas myself too, no time for that. They are stucked in my head.

Hey e-phonic,

It's really easy to make a synth with a vst gui. Just start with the effect vstgui example and copy over the few things you need to make it an instrument instead of an effect. Namely

a few things in the initialization:
setNumInputs (0); // no inputs
setNumOutputs (kNumOutputs); canProcessReplacing ();
hasVu (false);
hasClip (false);
isSynth ();

canDo's:
if (!strcmp (text, "receiveVstEvents"))
return 1;
if (!strcmp (text, "receiveVstMidiEvent"))
return 1;

and of course processEvents so you can read the midi messages. Off the top of my head, I think that's all you really need.
David Wallin - White Noise Audio Software
http://www.bleepboxapp.com/
(groove box for iPhone)

http://www.whitenoiseaudio.com/
(VST plugins)

ummm, I could be wrong, but I think you left out the part about the powdered bat-wing, voodoo doll, and strands of charlie steinbergs hair...

:wink:
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

ummm, I could be wrong, but I think you left out the part about the powdered bat-wing, voodoo doll, and strands of charlie steinbergs hair...
LOL! :lol:

WhiteNoise:

Thanks very much! That's just the kind of info i needed.
I'm gonna try some stuff with it tomorrow... first it's time for a few beers :D

Cheers,
PJ

Got it 'all' working now... a synth with GUI! :D
Thanks again,

PJ

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”