DSP Audio Processing Components

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,

Glad to know about this Forum.

I am new to the forum and also a recent graduate in DSP.

I am trying to do a DSP audio processing design in Analog Devices SigmaStudio GUI (which is available for free online) for the portable and consumer audio platforms. Its my passion towards music that makes me to try such simple projects on my own.

I understand that there are generally crossovers, EQ, Compressors and Limiters when we want to have audio enhancements. But, I wanted to explore more. Can there be any other effective module like the EQs or compressors that can enhance the audio quality? Loudness, bass enhancement, bandlimiting or anything valuable that would be needed??. And if there are such very important attributes for the DSP design, how should the signal flow be?

For eg. I generally design the signal flow like this,

Input Signal (Music/Sine) --> CrossOver --> EQs for low and highs --> Compressor --> Post Compresor gain --> Output to Amplifier.

you can probably find summaries online and in text form, if you have a local university spend a moment in the library (if they still have those?)

each subject is fairly depthy in terms of reference, because there often is no single way to do things..

check the dsp forum for a sticky thread that is full of references, eg. dspguide.com but also do some research on individual topics as well as you might find unique approaches.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”