meep meep (FFT alternative)

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

But then where does "meep" come from? It can't be a coincidence.

Silly, I think you know I'm talking about this: http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep

Nope, never heard of it..... honestly

My project is a "simple" real-time filterbank...... just optimized within an inch of its life :P

Ok so you keep advertising your "product" to a forum for a bunch of eggheads who write DSP. Coming from an atypical egghead like myself, Why develop a method to repitch full recordings, when repitching a track recording as part of a mix would be more transparent and probably better overall? I can see the consumer appeal of repitching one's favorite songs, but from a fidelity perspective your algorithm still leaves much to be desired. Why not try posting these examples in the effects forum instead?

I never claimed it was PERFECT.... far from it ;)

I am NOT advertising anything, because NOTHING is and will be, for sale

If you are interested, you can follow my progress here

That is all

(ed: CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is always welcome)

I'd like to hear how this progresses - fascinating approach. I thoroughly enjoy hearing technology evolve :)
Totally wipes out my meagre understanding of FFT..

Keep posting!

CinningBao wrote:I'd like to hear how this progresses - fascinating approach. I thoroughly enjoy hearing technology evolve :)
Totally wipes out my meagre understanding of FFT..

Keep posting!
Thanks for the support.... I need it...... LOL

I won't give up anytime soon..... Been a 10+ yr idea/project

Any updates on this project?

Yeah, I know....... it's tuff going here

I am 99% close, but that final 1% is KILLING me

I am attempting to achieve LINEAR phase, which might be asking too much.... hehe

Unfortunately, the best optimization algorithm I am using is not producing consistent results. ie. rarely it creates a linear-phase filter, mostly not

Hang in there.... progress on this scale is always gotta be slow I guess.......... (Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere.... LOL)

Cheers

Rich

ps. I am getting no support (financial or otherwise) to do this and currently have no income, so this slows things down also. All I can say is PLEASE BE PATIENT :P ..... I will do my best :P

nobody_u_know wrote:+1 .... WOW :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_xgiWUe0NE
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
@nobody_u_know
Now you have fixed it, thanks since i don't like it when old youtube videos gets vanished from the internet and never comes back again.

Here is my (Image Line) (Patcher) take on it:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/fl-stud ... /downloads

And it's called:
BandiPitcher

It uses 12 pitchers on 12 notes which is octave groups.

Bass and treble is removed both before and after pitch processing.
Bass and treble is taken from the original audio signal.

It sadly creates those stupid auto-tune artifacts that you don't want.
But it uses 80 % CPU on my computer.

And if you try to enable all the formant filters on all 12 pitchers.
Then it's going to need stronger CPU's that is not available on the consumer market.

The bandsplitting is done using (Fruity Parametric EQ 2) which uses (minimum phase) and not (linear phase) or steep FFT brickwall filters.

And the pitch shifter that (Image Line Pitcher) is using. Is maybe using something like autocorrelation based on loudest fundamental pitch tracking?

Octave jumps are a unwanted pitch correction artifact.

Jedinhopy wrote:steep FFT brickwall filters.
Don't forget that these introduce heavy aliasing and should not be used in any plugin.

Did you try MKL for the FFT? They have a free version now!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”