Musicdsp.org forum moved to here

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

due to horrible problems with the musicdsp.org phpBB installation I decided to ask Ben @ k-v-r if I could point the forum to here...

I'm really sorry for the trouble.

- bram

Hiya Bram et al,

I've updated the link in the VST Source Code Archive as well :D

Cheers,

;) Urs

OUPS! :)

- bram

Is there any hope of the source code archive's timestamp/datestamp getting fixed so that new comments aren't listed as having been made 31/12/69? It would also be nice to be able to have a "Show most recent comments" option -- though I wonder if that would just generally turn up Mr. news-912[AT]hotmail.com. (good think the script protects news-912's email address from spammers' naive email collectors!)

Still a great resource, though.

hello mr dsp.mutagene.net

you're the first one to comment on the wrong dates, believe it or not (it's been wrong like that since the start).
I fixed the problem and also "order by date" now.

f*cking script kiddies.

if I get more trouble like that, I'll probably use the same system for the comments as the archive items. (i.e. moderator-based, where I say "ok, this is cool, let's put it on the site). Otherwise I'll have to add IP checken and whatnot to it... *sigh*

PLEASE let me know if there's other things that need fixing or feature requests, but better mail me at bram at smartelectronix dot com.

- bram

So where's the forum ?
Why not a seperate company forum here on kvr ?

cos musicdsp.org isnt a company...?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:cos musicdsp.org isnt a company...?
The music cafe forum isn't a company either and it got its own place.

Because the MusicDSP forum was about DSP for music software purposes (amazingly), which is part of what this forum is about. It would be silly to add another for exactly the same topic.

this ís the musicdsp.org forum.
maybe I should ask Ben to rename it and make sure it says "audio development" or "musicdsp" in it too..

- bram

as you can see Ben changed the name of the forum to
DSP and Plug-in Development
That's probably more generic!

- bram

Bram wrote:as you can see Ben changed the name of the forum to
DSP and Plug-in Development
That's probably more generic!

- bram
Excellent! If anyone has any ideas how I can further develop myself, I would be very interested!

As for a plugging myself in, well.. :scared:

!

DSP

Scr1pt3r quoth The music cafe forum isn't a company either and it got its own place.

How does the fact that the Music Cafe isnt 'a company' in any way relate to my answer to your question, which was:

Why not a seperate company forum here on kvr ?

Remember my response was..
cos musicdsp.org isnt a company...?

musicdsp.org isnt a company. Therefore it doesnt require a company forum. So its not listed as one of the 'Official Company Forums', but as one of the 'Main Forums'. In other words, it did get its own place, just not where you seemingly think it should be. And I already told you why that 'place' shouldnt be with the company forums; because musicdsp.org isnt a company.

Im wondering what the problem is here. The fact that the Music Cafe (which isnt a company forum) isn't an 'Official Company Forums' but a 'Main Forum' seems be of some justification to you asking why a non-company-related forum shouldnt be in with actual company forums.

I mean you seem to be aware that that there are 'Main Forums' here, which are different from the 'Official Company Forums' in not being related to specific companies, yeah? But you then query why a non-company-related forum shouldn't be in a company-related place. And when I point out that musicdsp.org isnt a company, you tell me the Music Cafe isnt a company either.

Thats some seriously non-sequitur stuff you got going there. In fact I have to wonder if you actually read your own question.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

What the bunny said!

DSP

tsk tsk, no figthing allowed in here ;)
play nice kiddo's ;)

this is where musicdsp.org's forum is, if you don't like it, too bad, if you like it, yay :)

kisses and flowers.

- bram

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”