Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
JCJR
KVRAF

2199 posts since 17 Apr, 2005, from S.E. TN

Postby JCJR; Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:50 am Re: Simple questions on synth tech basics...

It sounds like you might enjoy something like the roli seaboard. They are probably fun. I think they get the independent note-by-note depth of control by either assigning each note to its own midi channel, or an equivalent of that.

I don't pay much attention to alternate controllers because have tried various alternate controllers in the past and was too lazy to put in enough work to learn to play them proficiently. It is hard enough for me to manage a barely-acceptable sloppy job on ordinary keyboards. I don't have time/patience to get remotely accomplished on something requiring a different skill set.

But i am old and set in my ways. If you want that kind of control it might be worth practicing and getting good on something like the Roli.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

10137 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 am Re: Simple questions on synth tech basics...

Wow, that Roli thingy indeed looks very interesting, it does exactly what I described, pitch bend per key :)
Once you are used to using it, a normal keyboard will feel very little expressive, I imagine.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:11 am Re: Simple questions on synth tech basics...

Deleted.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:34 am Re: Simple questions on synth tech basics...

I was demoing Spire and noticed that with 2 of the filters (perfecto and scorpio) there is an ugly grinding noise more or less limited to the 4th octave, especially when playing chords. What's interesting is that I have observed the same noise on the same octave with one of the Predator filters and also with the digital filter option in Hybrid 3. Also on the same octave.
The noise is only there when using two oscillators and using different semitone tuning, like 0 and +7 or +5, which I like to use for pads.

But both on Spire and Hybrid 3 there is no such noise with the remaining filter options, nor is it there on Sylenth1 or Repro 5.

I thought maybe it has to do with the sampling rate, so I tried different ones, but it makes no difference.

So, where does that noise on just 1 octave or so come from?
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development