how much would you pay for that?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm surprised that there isn't a synth with infinite layers - its not as though it would be difficult to do in a vst.

Does all hosts support changeIO() ?
I mean, you have to change what VST Paramaters you report to the host.
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

While all these features you mentioned are useful, I guess that synth would be too complicated for me. Once you have the algorithms, it's easy for you (the developer) to replicate components as many times as you like. In most cases however, I (the user) neither need nor want 10 oscillators and 5 envelopes.

Besides the sound, a very important aspect for me is the simplicity and intuitivity of the user interface. Albino for instance sounds amazing, but I don't like fiddling around and searching for the page that contains the parameters I want to access. If you want ME to pay for something, make it sound good and so easy-to-use that I understand it at first glance.

"Everything should be kept as simple as possible - but not simpler"
:)

A) Would you be able to load your own wave files?
B) Will it be crossplatform? Most likely I won't buy too much one-platform-only stuff anymore (I'm teaching on both PCs and Macs and therefor need a certain amount of compatibility).
C) To really judge on such a synth I'd need to see the UI and how it "feels" like. To me this is almost as important as functionality (well, actually good UI design is part of the functionality for me).

The concept sounds good otherwise.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”