creating au plugin for LogicPro???? Some small help needed.

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have created a complex and sophisticated synthesizer with objective C, Cocoa and AudioQueue. (For just one simple example, frequencies, amplitudes and timbres can fluctuate on sub-millisecond up to seconds time scales. There is no start/end latency.) The synth receives MIDI signals from a LogicPro external MIDI track and outputs to standard out (which is piped back to a Logic audio track via an audio interface). Objective C classes organize the modules of the project, while time-critical variables and calculations use C. There is no C++ (which I know). It runs in X-code.

I would like to make this synth an au plugin app for LogicPro, and am looking for MINIMAL help or examples to guide me. I think I need only a few things. POINT ME TO THE APPROPRIATE FUNCTIONS (see below) and I will figure out the rest. I'm just asking for a few words. I will use audio graphs if necessary.

1. What is the C/Obj C function (or functions) needed to capture signals from the Logic software tracks into which the plugin is inserted? (These would replace/expand MIDI signals with Logic signals.)

2. What is the C/Obj C function (or functions) to send the output directly to the instrument track?

3. What is the C/Obj C function (or functions) required for automation?

4. How do I create the app bundle and where do I put it?

5. What else should I ask?

Currently, the synth is for my own personal use for composing opera and songs using custom instrumental sounds. I am not fooling around. See soundcloud.com/steven-brawer for a sci-fi opera composed entirely with Logic 9.

I use XCode 5.1.1, Logic Pro 10.0.7, OSX 10.8.5. I plan to upgrade to Yosemite, Logic 10.1 and the most recent XCode when I see from the forums that things have settled down sufficiently.

Thank you in advance.[/size]

Work your way through the code examples. They are included in XCode (look Audio Unit Examples). Compile and install them, then replace the sound generating code with your own.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”