Learn Audio DSP: YouTube tutorial series

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Dan.
By the way, if our interest is VSTs, is MATLAB Home + Audio System Toolbox worth it over Gnu Octave?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L, to be honest I have not used Matlab with the Audio System Toolbox. I do think that Matlab is generally a great (but expensive) product, and if this toolbox does all the things that it advertises well, then it might be worth the investment! As far as I can tell, the big difference between doing audio DSP development in Octave vs this Matlab toolbox would be the ability to quickly prototype algorithms in real time, which I think would be pretty tough using Octave.

If your interest is VSTs (let's say audio plugins), I don't think the question of Matlab or Octave is really relevant (the answer is Python, of course :p). You can use whatever tool you prefer!

Enjoyed the first two. Will watch more. Thanks.

great videos! very well done! please continue....

It's been a while since I made one of these videos, but I just uploaded the third part last night! In this latest video, I explain the mathematics of converting MIDI notes to frequency and musical timing to time in seconds. I finish up with an example of playing the jazz standard Autumn Leaves on an oscillator built from scratch in the Octave.

Here's the link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZSVkjnJt-A&t=3s

Let me know if you have any feedback! :D

Good stuff, educational.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”