Double Buffering

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, it was the same on the Atari--the Blitter chip on the STE. Dumb of me to think nobody would remember what it was called. I thought I was the only one here past my sell-by date! :lol: (My first computer was a TRS-80. :oops:)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I recall that it was probably around 1985-90 (I dont recall the exact time), there was a local magazine called commodore 64, and among introductions of new games on the market there was a column for assembly language. One of the most mysterious codes I had seen in it was a fast casette loader (those were called 'turbo' in that time). After looking at the coding method years later (http://wav-prg.sourceforge.net/tape.html ) I'm not sure whether I had failed to understand it at the time, or simply the author had no information about it but had written an article anyway. That was my first exposure to 'signal processing'. It has been mysterious, ever since ;-)
~stratum~

I had something similar for my TRS that my dad got me for my birthday or Christmas. It was a Turbo too! I never knew the theory behind it.

But you could play tunes on the radio by making for loops and tuning in on z some band, which I don't recall. Someone published a program to play Twinkle or the like.

Hate being vague, but I'm dredging this up from the depths of memory as I haven't thought about it in over 30 years.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Urs wrote: At the end of our drawing process we blit a bitmap using that ultra fast blitting routine provided by Windows APIs.
So, er... would you disclose which one would it be?
Using SetDIBitsToDevice here.
Checkout our VST3/VST2/AU/AAX/LV2:
Inner Pitch | Lens | Couture | Panagement | Graillon

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”