My DAW Zquence Studio 2016

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone.

I am developer of my own DAW application Zquence Studio 2016 (beta) wich is both an Windows Desktop application and a mobile app for Android and Windows. (Free for Windows desktop and paid app for mobile)
It is platform independet and you can load and save projects from all platforms (Desktop-version support VST-plugins wich can not be loaded in other platforms than Windows desktop)

I have worked with it for 2 years now and now I feel that I dont have time to continue with it as a want. I have spend way too much time.. But I will still continue but not so much. :neutral:

So, I wonder if there is people here that would be intressting to help me to develop it with stuff as:
DSP-plugins (Effects, synthesizers)
Audio encoder/decoder-plugins (*.wav, *.ogg, ...)
Audio rendering plugins (ASIO, OpenAL, ...)
Graphics rendering (OpenGL, DirectX, ...)
Or whatever...

Checkout the http://zquencestudio.riccsson.com and download the app for both Windows desktop or mobile platform. (Mobile platform is a demo and can be purchase in app to unlock full version, just contact me so I can give you free licenses)

Any questions? :)

my PC: Windows 10 x64 on a Kaby lake I3
my ASIO device = Steinberg UR 22

Installed and runned from link and got these results:

http://imgur.com/a/NC3ja

imgur com slash a slash NC3ja

Best wishes for the project
Mark

I found the problem. The DLL was needing c-dependencies, but now they are included. I will create a new installer later today :)

CodePlex is shutting down... Just starting for GitHub.

https://github.com/Riccsson/ZquenceStudio2016/releases

New installer is uploaded there, you can now test the new version.

working stuff
i could change some things in the demo song. good project

Desktop version doesn't work on my laptop, Win 7 32bit. Neither 0.6.88.0 nor 0.6.96.0. Zquence Studio does open (very slow to boot up) but immediately Windows shut it down. Android app is very slow and laggy no matter how powerful a phone or tablet is.

As a student with an interest in audio DSP I'd consider this a good learning opportunity.
I could help write/implement some of the DSP effects.

You should think though, what is really needed. There's plenty of equalizers, compressors and other things available already. Some of them free. It would be unnecessary the "repackage" them. Rather bundle them with your software?

Also, could you tell, how is your sequencer different from the existing ones?

i would take a look at your website if i were you.
i am using Opera and the formatting is all over the place.
also maybe include some information, screengrabs etc because a visitor will want to see what it actually is you are promoting.

That's strange. I tried desktop version on different PCs and it didn't work out yet. The thing is as buggy as a nightmare.

i thought i would try and find info about your 'product' one more time. but as before, where is the info about the 'DAW' you claim to be developing?
it's crazy, you have no info anywhere. if i was going to use an android version, i would at lease have a small handful of images. elsewhere, no info on your 'own website', one site shutting down, and , again, a link to github, but NO info whatsoever.
i don't know how you expect to generate any interest.
your look out, but it's a bit lame to ask for interest in something when you have nothing to actually show or discuss.
ps. sorry, lol, i just read post above.
'nough said : )

Yes haha, well the website is really a peace of shit. Maybe it is better to just close down the website. Or just have a simple download button on a signel page website.

The windows desktop app is really a peace of shit too, the Android/windows phone-app is much better, and simpler. I think i will remade the UI for the windows desktop app so it looks more like the app for android/windows phone.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”