Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
inhahe
KVRer

5 posts since 1 Mar, 2016

Postby inhahe; Wed May 10, 2017 10:02 am VST SDK project in Visual Studio 2015 doesn't run: dll is missing 'GetFactoryPlugin' function.

I'm trying to run the "EditorHost" project in Steinberg VST SDK 3.67 in Visual Studio 2015 (on Windows 7), and I get

Could not create module for
file: D:\VST_SDK\bin\Debug\editorhost.exe
Error: dll does not export the required 'GetPluginFactory' function.

I tried it both after simply clicking on Build Solution and after right-clicking on 'ALL_BUILD' and clicking rebuild. Same error.

Any clues on how I can fix this? I don't know a whole lot about compiling libraries such.
Thanks.
arne
KVRist

135 posts since 21 Aug, 2004

Postby arne; Sat May 13, 2017 12:22 am Re: VST SDK project in Visual Studio 2015 doesn't run: dll is missing 'GetFactoryPlugin' function.

From the SDK documentation :

EditorHost - Cross-platform (Win/macOS/Linux) standalone which opens the UI of a VST3 Plug-in

Simple cross-platform host application allowing to open the editor of a Plug-in. (With HiDPI support on Windows/macOS) Call it from the command line: Windows: editorhost.exe "C:\PATH_TO_PLUGIN" macOS/Linux: editorhost PATH_TO_PLUGIN

On Windows and macOS you can also drag and drop a VST 3 Plug-in on the executable via Explorer/Finder.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development