Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
mezmay
KVRer

14 posts since 3 Mar, 2016, from Russia

Postby mezmay; Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 am Is there a customizable real-time audio (dsp) filtering application?

Now I develop a program on c++ for realtime sound processing for educational reasons. This is not an easy task: I have to work with a complicated c++ project, which is based on the Portaudio library. The main difficulty is that I have to find and embed different dsp filters and effects to my project. For each filter it is not simple task, especially since each filter/effect have been already made for many times by other developers, but finding the necessary open-source C++ implementation is very difficult.
Is there a customizable real-time (with lowest possible delay) audio (dsp) filtering application, where could not only conveniently make and adjust an effects sequence, but also set up a behaviour of each effect it time?
What is the best solution for that perpose:
1. Find the necessary professional application
2. Write my own VST host
3. Find a good, high-quality, full-featured and open-source c++ library for that?
Any ideas?
davidguda
KVRist

467 posts since 28 Feb, 2011, from Sweden

Postby davidguda; Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:14 am Re: Is there a customizable real-time audio (dsp) filtering application?

Without knowing exactly what you want it's hard to say but have you looked at Vinnie Falcos library with filters?
This might help you and it's open source.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01cdd9b594
David Guda gudaaudio.com
mezmay
KVRer

14 posts since 3 Mar, 2016, from Russia

Postby mezmay; Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:06 am Re: Is there a customizable real-time audio (dsp) filtering application?

davidguda wrote:This might help you and it's open source.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 01cdd9b594

Thank you, but as I understand, it does not contain music effects. Now I try to use Chaotic-DAW.
davidguda wrote:Without knowing exactly what you want it's hard to say

I need:
1. Multiple processing i/o channels (from 1 to 4 now, but may be more)
2. Have several effects, for example: tremolo, chorus, high- and -low pass filters, delay, soft-knee compressor, phaser, etc.
3. Each effect can be applied to each channel
4. There can be applied several effects for a channel
5. Each effect should be fully-customizable: user needs to set all the possible parameters, for example depth, dry/wet ratio, cycle length, speed, etc.
6. It should be possible to dynamically switch effects' parameters, for example by timer (or by a script, as an option).
Miles1981
KVRian

1212 posts since 26 Apr, 2004, from UK

Postby Miles1981; Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:20 am Re: Is there a customizable real-time audio (dsp) filtering application?

It's quite difficult to find an app that does everything you want. Often, you have either the app, or the DSP libraries, not both.
If you want the DSP libraries, try Audio ToolKit, it's maintained. Not sure what you mean by no music effects??

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development