Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
paul.g.griffiths
KVRist

46 posts since 10 Sep, 2015

Postby paul.g.griffiths; Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am Building vst 2.4 using sdk 3.7 windows x64?

1. Extract sdk.
2. run copy_vst2_to_vst3_sdk batch file
2. use cmake, tick build 2.4 option.
4. open solution and build.

Only building vst3's.
Using Visual studio 2017. Downloading 2015.

Any advice?
paul.g.griffiths
KVRist

46 posts since 10 Sep, 2015

Postby paul.g.griffiths; Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 pm Re: Building vst 2.4 using sdk 3.7 windows x64?

I need to use vst2wrapper code, cheers anyway.
cpnet
KVRer

11 posts since 26 Nov, 2015

Postby cpnet; Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 pm Re: Building vst 2.4 using sdk 3.7 windows x64?

I've been trying to figure all this out too. As best as I can tell, when you get everything set up to build VST2 files, the build still just creates a bunch of files with a ".vst3" extension ... but they're actually vst2 files. You have to rename the extensions to .dll and they seem to work ... if they're set up with the wrapper that is. (So far I've only done a very brief test with FL Studio).

As an aside, the aGain sample plugin included in the SDK is set up with the VST2 wrapper. The SDK says:
You just need to add public.sdk/source/vst/vst2wrapper/vst2wrapper.sdk.cpp to your project and add the following code somewhere in your sources:
Code: Select all
#include "public.sdk/source/vst/vst2wrapper/vst2wrapper.h"
//------------------------------------------------------------------------
::AudioEffect* createEffectInstance (audioMasterCallback audioMaster)
{
    return Steinberg::Vst::Vst2Wrapper::create (GetPluginFactory (), kAudioProcessorCID, kVst2UniqueID, audioMaster);
}

... but when I look at what CMake is doing, it seems to be changing a few files around for the aGain project when you set it up to do VST2. It looks to me like there's more to making something a VST2 than just adding in that line of text.

I haven't worked much with C++ (and CMake is brand new to me) so I'm still trying to orient myself to what this is all about.
plb
KVRer

5 posts since 9 May, 2018

Postby plb; Mon May 14, 2018 6:55 pm Re: Building vst 2.4 using sdk 3.7 windows x64?

Just to contribute for anybody else who struggles with this, take what the again example is doing and copy it. Grab out the relevant portion in its Cmake and repurporse it for your cmake, look at what its doing in againentry_vst2.cpp (basically its copy of the aforementioned vst2wrapper.sdk.cpp) and do that in your project, etc.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development