aax plugin broken inno setup

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on a windows installer for my plugins using Inno setup. Everything works fine for the vst and vst3 but the aax vesrion gets broken when installed. I have tried different flags and attributs (nocompression, noencryption, readonly, etc.) without succes.

Any help would appreciate.
Thanks

Yes, you have to be careful when "recreating" the AAX. It's all about flags. Definitely works.

We do this:

[Dirs]
Name: "{code:GetAAXDir_64}\{#MyBinaryName}.aaxplugin"; Check: Is64BitInstallMode; Components:aax_64; Attribs: system;

[Files]

; AAX
Source: "{#MyBinaryName}.aaxplugin\*"; DestDir: "{code:GetAAXDir_64}\{#MyBinaryName}.aaxplugin"; Flags:ignoreversion createallsubdirs recursesubdirs; Check: Is64BitInstallMode; Components:aax_64;
Source: "{#MyBinaryName}.aaxplugin\desktop.ini"; DestDir: "{code:GetAAXDir_64}\{#MyBinaryName}.aaxplugin"; Flags:ignoreversion; Attribs: hidden system; Check: Is64BitInstallMode; Components:aax_64;
Source: "{#MyBinaryName}.aaxplugin\PlugIn.ico"; DestDir: "{code:GetAAXDir_64}\{#MyBinaryName}.aaxplugin"; Flags:ignoreversion; Attribs: hidden system; Check: Is64BitInstallMode; Components:aax_64;

Make sure to code sign the binary upfront! (Eden)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Works perfectly.
Thank you very much FabianTDR

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”