Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Vic Firth
Banned

Postby Vic Firth; Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:59 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Jobs are like credit cards. You need one to get one. Probaly the most common types of thinking will never enter into the thinking of the amused credit card holder. Just sayin.

Fo real tho? They could cut out prolly 50 items and services on a musician's laptop that have the potential to interrupt my music creation. And get rid of things like xbox running a screen record in the background that can slow me down, and that I gotta have an Outlook account just to disable.

It is a long way from being a friendly world to audiophiles. There is no user manual to make the "Windows" environment easier to navigate and who that has spent the last year struggling with it wanna write one free specially when they talkin bout paying the credit card holders ta do it.

They prolly just offering money to shut us who know up giving open source answers @ $0.
Last edited by Vic Firth on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25102 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:04 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

quikquak wrote:I don't think people are really thinking that.

New here? ;)
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
quikquak
KVRist

294 posts since 6 Aug, 2005, from England

Postby quikquak; Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:14 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

You're kidding, right?
JCJR
KVRAF

2147 posts since 17 Apr, 2005, from S.E. TN

Postby JCJR; Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:47 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

deastman wrote:others somehow believing this is an ongoing two-way dialogue between them and the OP. It's just a link to a job opening, people! The same link was undoubtedly shared on many other forums. Either apply for the position or don't, but you're deluding yourself if you believe that you're somehow engaging with Microsoft in an open debate about anything and everything in this thread.

I viewed it in same light as newspaper "letters to the editor". People don't write to the newspaper editor to communicate with the editor. They write to the editor in order to communicate with the newspaper;s readers.
Numanoid
KVRAF

25856 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:51 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

quikquak wrote:You're kidding, right?

Dude, you are the dev of Glass Viper and other fine plugs, I dig! :tu:
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

mystran wrote:Back to the actual topic after all this Windows bashing: I'd like to know why would anyone possibly want to live in the Trump-country if they are intelligent and competent enough to have a choice?

Not sure if the deal includes a green card.

In the world of IT, there are many calling centers that are operated off-shore to put it that way :wink:
db3
KVRAF

1536 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Postby db3; Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Numanoid wrote:If I had any say in Microsoft, I would buy up Bitwig, discontinue it on the other platforms, and include it as a part of Windows.

It would kick OSX Garage Band in the nads :D

This would be too obvious :D

...and they had sincerely better not :scared:
-dthree-
mystran
KVRAF

4579 posts since 11 Feb, 2006, from Helsinki, Finland

Postby mystran; Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:44 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Numanoid wrote:
mystran wrote:Back to the actual topic after all this Windows bashing: I'd like to know why would anyone possibly want to live in the Trump-country if they are intelligent and competent enough to have a choice?

Not sure if the deal includes a green card.

Probably does if they find someone they think is worth hiring. Unfortunately the deal probably doesn't include getting rid of Trump (or masses of idiots who voted for that guy; I think that tells more about the country than Trump who's probably not entirely stupid himself), so who cares.
Image <- plugins | forum
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

I think it is more troubling to think about that Apple, Google, and Microsoft, all fundamental to our everyday operation and communication, sits close to the San Andreas Fault line :scared:
quikquak
KVRist

Postby quikquak; Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:58 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Numanoid wrote:I think it is more troubling to think about that Apple, Google, and Microsoft, all fundamental to our everyday operation and communication, sits close to the San Andreas Fault line :scared:

It's OK, I think Apple are financially based in Ireland. - TAX exotic! :)
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

quikquak wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I think it is more troubling to think about that Apple, Google, and Microsoft, all fundamental to our everyday operation and communication, sits close to the San Andreas Fault line :scared:

The Mount St Helens eruption of 1980, was over 1500 times as powerful as the Hiroshima nuke (to compare 15 kilotons with 24 megatons).

If an eruption like that happened today, I wonder how our IT day to day life would be affected :scared:
valhallasound
KVRAF

3381 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Pacific NW

Postby valhallasound; Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:09 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Numanoid wrote:
quikquak wrote:

The Mount St Helens eruption of 1980, was over 1500 times as powerful as the Hiroshima nuke (to compare 15 kilotons with 24 megatons).

If an eruption like that happened today, I wonder how our IT day to day life would be affected :scared:

I don't think any of the Washington state volcanoes would affect IT life much. The volcanoes in Washington state are all located quite a distance away from major population centers, and the prevailing winds would blow any ash to the east of the major cities. During the 1980 eruptions, I remember one day where there was a tiny dusting of ash one morning at our home in Redmond (I grew up essentially right next to Microsoft).

The major eruption danger is from Mount Rainier, and would come in the form of a lahar (volcanic mudflows). Puyallup is a smallish town to the east of Tacoma, and it turns out it was built on several hundred feet of mudflow deposits, from a major lahar 5700 years ago. The communities of Puyallup, Electron and Orting would be in serious trouble if Rainier erupts, but I don't think that the flows would reach Tacoma.

Earthquakes are a different deal. All of Western Washington would be affected by an earthquake, due to the subduction of the Juan de Fuca plate. The PNW area gets an ENORMOUS quake every several hundred years. It may not happen in our lifetime, or it could happen tonight.
deastman
KVRAF

6388 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Meh. I'm quite literally sitting a few feet away from the San Andreas fault line as I write this. I'll still take that over Texas or Florida right about now!
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)
Vic Firth
Banned

Postby Vic Firth; Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

There again are some talking about the topic of earthquakes. Which is what I was talking about just before checking this post and forum.
Coincidence? Hardly. Happens to me every day.

As if there are really those concerned with the valuable internet infrastructure of these
quikquak
KVRist

Postby quikquak; Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:25 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

I don't understand something, Vic, why does it say you're 'Banned?'
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development