Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25102 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:54 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

quikquak wrote:I don't understand something, Vic, why does it say you're 'Banned?'

He's not going to be able to reply, given that it'll only say that if the account has been banned.

Either he did something pretty exceptional in breach of the rules, he was a spammer, or he was a detected sockpuppet.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
quikquak
KVRist

294 posts since 6 Aug, 2005, from England

Postby quikquak; Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:40 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

:) OK yeah, so he/she posted before being banned for something elsewhere. Thanks for the reply.
stratum
KVRian

1285 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby stratum; Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:37 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Latest silly UI 'enhancements' from microsoft, not only ugly but also buggy, courtesy of the latest win10 update:

edit1: apparently this bug is revealed when the screen reader is enabled.
edit2: apparently the screen reader restarts upon reboot, cannot be disabled and the mouse pointer is gone.

I don't know how this has happened but seems like I have to downgrade another machine to win8.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~stratum~
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

6609 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:18 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

I've disable updates, just set your connection to metered and you'll be told about updates but they won't installed
The future is yesterday
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

6609 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:23 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

machinesworking wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Yes! AS in a previous post someone mentions songsmith,
I also think microsoft want some developer to create the new version of SongSmith :)
https://youtu.be/3oGFogwcx-E

I think you're right...
Imagine yourself helping unlock creative expression for people who have something to say musically, but don’t have the skills or vocabulary to make it happen. You will prototype ideas, technologies, and techniques to realize this dream.

What about Bars and Pipes, they've got the code just sitting on a hard drive in a cupboard somewhere, dust it off, port it and we'll all take back everything we ever said :D

But seriously you corporate rapists !!!!!!!!
The future is yesterday
Guillaume Piolat
KVRist

124 posts since 21 Sep, 2015, from Grenoble

Postby Guillaume Piolat; Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:05 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

This enlightening topic is linked from https://ask.audio/articles/microsoft-wo ... -logic-pro
Daags
KVRAF

1871 posts since 19 Dec, 2014

Postby Daags; Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Daags wrote:A bit of advice to the poster: ignore the patronising and snobbery. A lot of neckbearded ne'erdowells around here, so there may well be more to come.

I called it.

fmr
KVRAF

6265 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:51 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Microsoft could just buy Cakewalk from Gibson, and start from there :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)
quikquak
KVRist

294 posts since 6 Aug, 2005, from England

Postby quikquak; Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:38 am Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

Guillaume Piolat wrote:This enlightening topic is linked from https://ask.audio/articles/microsoft-wo ... -logic-pro

Hmm, perhaps they can sort out the DirectSound latency problems with their own hardware & software combined.
Siekmanski
KVRist

32 posts since 22 Sep, 2013

Postby Siekmanski; Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:07 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

They already did that with WASAPI exclusive-mode ...
With DirectSound you don't have exclusive rights and share the sound card with other clients hence the higher latency.
But if you code a smart streaming routine for DirectSound you can get very close to 10 milliseconds without distorted sound playback.

I can go as low as 10.023 milliseconds with a buffer of 442 samples ( 441 + 1 sample for alignment ) at 44100 Hz samplerate and 32 bits per sample.
xhunaudio
KVRist

447 posts since 17 Feb, 2010

Postby xhunaudio; Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:23 pm Re: Microsoft looking for Audio Developers in the VI/VST space

gvala wrote:My team at Microsoft is looking for audio software engineers and program managers with experience building best-in-class products. If you want to be a part of the future of music creation in multiple dimensions check out the following openings and apply!

Senior Program Manager (Digital Audio Software)
https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=304496&jlang=EN&pp=SS

Senior Music Software Engineer
https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=320824&jlang=en&pp=ss

Hello gvala,

it's nice to know that Microsoft is directly interested in pro audio.

It would be interesting to know if MS projects will involve pro audio Hosts too...

Yes, I'm definitely alluding to a Host prototype/open-source extensions to bring Augmented Reality into pro audio world :)

Since MS is very involved in VR/AR nowadays, ( and if this MS project is not ultra-classified ), it would be nice to know if you're looking into that direction.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development