Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

From schemes to difference equations

1eqinfinity
KVRist

55 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Postby 1eqinfinity; Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 am From schemes to difference equations

Hello everyone.
Recently I've found myself struggling to get the right difference equation for the not-so-complicated digital signal diagram with several feedbacks coming from and ending at different points in the scheme. I got the equation that didn't match the one in a textbook and realized that I lack understanding in this area.

Could someone provide a link or a reference to any useful material that covers this topic?
Last edited by 1eqinfinity on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mystran
KVRAF

4611 posts since 11 Feb, 2006, from Helsinki, Finland

Postby mystran; Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:06 am Re: From schemes to difference equations

What kind of structure is it? Some sort of mechanical construction? Or maybe a digital signal flow diagram? Or electronic circuit?

Ultimately they all work roughly the same way, but understanding what it is that you want to do exactly might make it easier to pick some resources that are written for the same domain..
Image <- plugins | forum
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:18 am Re: From schemes to difference equations

It's a digital signal flow diagram. I'll edit the post :)
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:56 am Re: From schemes to difference equations

:dog: Ah, of course, I was googling the wrong term. To write a difference equation you first have to convert your diagram to a more general object that is called signal flow graph. And that is already nicely covered :)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development