Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

stratum wrote:
My statistics prove it,
How? How do you know they didn't simply buy from another vendor?
Previous data. When the sales are about the same for e.g. 5 years, but then swiftly drop in several months period, it's not because they've switched to another vendor, especially if there were no major innovations in the field at that very time.

Previous data. When the sales are about the same for e.g. 5 years, but then swiftly drop in several months period, it's not because they've switched to another vendor, especially if there were no major innovations in the field at that very time.
Such economic changes only occur in so called 'developing countries', not in the places where you have customers. You can safely assume the money they have didn't change in several months period.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
Such economic changes only occur in so called 'developing countries', not in the places where you have customers. You can safely assume the money they have didn't change in several months period.
How can you be sure? You assumptions are as good as mine. I also know that governments more-or-less lie.

How can you be sure? You assumptions are as good as mine. I also know that governments more-or-less lie.
Price of 12ax7 valve was about $7 10-15 years ago, and it's about $11 now. http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/12AX7 ... 83-S-12AX7 That's inflation in US dollars. Not a very reliable estimate since it's a single item, but consider how much it has changed in Rubles.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
Price of 12ax7 valve was about $7 10-15 years ago, and it's about $11 now. http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/12AX7 ... 83-S-12AX7 That's inflation in US dollars.
How's inflation is relevant? Intel CPU prices increased even more than inflation, but processor item sales reduced year-to-year.

How's inflation is relevant?
Maybe not, but assuming income level change within a few months is nonsense.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
How's inflation is relevant?
Maybe not, but assuming income level change within a few months is nonsense.
Why not? For example, music sales dipped, studio time dipped. As a result audio software sales dipped. It's a system. Few months is more like 6-9 months.
Last edited by Aleksey Vaneev on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why not? For example, music sales dipped, studio time dipped. As a result audio software sales dipped. It's a system.
And that happened within a few months?
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
Why not? For example, music sales dipped, studio time dipped. As a result audio software sales dipped. It's a system.
And that happened within a few months?
Few months is more like 6-9 months.

What did your competitors do within those months?
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
I would say that, for instance, MeldaProduction (a comparable one man show company, also from the Eastern Bloc) did a lot in recent months and their marketing works extremely well. Just saying...
--
Miloslav

stratum wrote:
Probably nothing out of the ordinary. Voxengo website visitors were on the increase at that time.

Probably nothing out of the ordinary. Voxengo website visitors were on the increase at that time.
I guess:

- Apple released a new Mac with a big retina display
- Plugin vendors acted accordingly and started polishing GUI's.
- Many vendors dropped prices because the market was satured and there was nothing innovative that could differenciate their products from those of their competitors.
- Newer generation of customers are not professionals who know what they want so they are not being led correctly by your website.
Last edited by stratum on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~stratum~

valsolim wrote:
stratum wrote:
I would say that, for instance, MeldaProduction (a comparable one man show company, also from the Eastern Bloc) did a lot in recent months and their marketing works extremely well. Just saying...
--
Miloslav
Melda does very well according to my online presence rating, but that's far from being enough to enter the top 10.

If that innovation was made via blockchain everybody could benefit from everyone else's effort. But it's not free market economy, it's open market economy.

stratum wrote:
I guess:

- Apple released a new Mac with a big retina display
- Plugin vendors acted accordingly and started polishing GUI's.
- Many vendors dropped prices because the market was satured and there was nothing innovative that could differenciate their products from those of their competitors.
- Newer generation of customers are not professionals who know what they want so they are not being led correctly by your website.
Most things you mention do not change in 6 months time. Only disposable income can change that fast. So, I'm choosing the simplest explanation.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”