Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

3363 posts since 7 Sep, 2002

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:06 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

stratum wrote:About the credit supply problem: the politicians arguing about the western world debt problem are doing a pretty bad job of selling the idea that it's a problem that needs to be solved. The ones who say kick the can down the road are winning. The reason is that many countries rely on their consumption capability. Think of it for a moment - even your plugins didn't ever really have many customers elsewhere.

I think this idea isn't selling, because nobody can solve it. Most part of the debt can't be repaid due to natural risk losses. You've built a plant and it exploded, you've built a structure and it fell down, etc. If debts can be covered by issuing more credit, the system sustains itself, when you can't give credit, the system collapses. Take a close note to Bitcoin - it is in my opinion a "helicopter money", another option to save system from collapse. It's the most corrupt way to fix an unfixable problem. Any country with credit system faces the same challenges. Quantitative Easing is also corrupt - it's buying something worth $1 for $10, a version of "helicopter money" for institutional investors. Unfixable debt is also created when you consume your credit money and declare bankruptcy. In the past bankrupt persons were sent to jail and for a reason.

My plugins are sold in about 70 countries, other countries just simply can't afford them.
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7589 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:50 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: In the past bankrupt persons were sent to jail and for a reason.

Today theyre elected President of the US
stratum
KVRAF

1661 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby stratum; Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:18 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

Who has plans to stop giving credit to this system at a time China builds a railroad to U.K. and it is being called the 'project of the century' ? So called the 'BRICS' are only trying to solve their own credit flow problems because they are the ones who actually have the problem. This leaves the status quo as it is for the forseeble future. That means another one of your assumptions is also wrong.

Something else went wrong in 2014. I'm not sure what it is, but apparently your theories regarding it are wrong. Perhaps it's about fear, uncertainity and doubt regarding the economic situation and people simply don't spend as before.
~stratum~
aciddose
KVRAF

11810 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Postby aciddose; Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:27 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:Economy is a system of assets, production and consumption. The more assets and productions there are in the system the higher can be the consumption. This promotes reduction of poverty. In digital age every bit of work can be turned into production that in the end works for the good of everyone. Even a free photo is an asset - the only question is how public values it.

Cake is an asset. The only question is how the public eats it. Also chicken fingers. Nobody wants to admit they ate nine cans of ravioli, I admit it and I'm ashamed of myself. I mean the first can doesn't even count, then you get into the second, third, fourth and the fifth can I think I burnt with a blow torch, then you just keep eating.
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:04 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

stratum wrote:Who has plans to stop giving credit to this system at a time China builds a railroad to U.K. and it is being called the 'project of the century' ? So called the 'BRICS' are only trying to solve their own credit flow problems because they are the ones who actually have the problem. This leaves the status quo as it is for the forseeble future. That means another one of your assumptions is also wrong.

Well, when someone takes a credit he expects it can be repaid. Good if China can repay it. But an average consumer or business simply won't take more credit. This is problematic, because even if there is no new credit, debt is always created due to natural risks.

stratum wrote:Something else went wrong in 2014. I'm not sure what it is, but apparently your theories regarding it are wrong. Perhaps it's about fear, uncertainity and doubt regarding the economic situation and people simply don't spend as before.

Here are the graphs for the last 2920 days (8 years):
Orange is sales. You see 3-year old drop, sales stabilized after that time. It's how economy collapses.
Blue is page visitors, you can clearly see seasonal changes in page visitors - this graph is partial, because I've removed dependence on Google Analytics and implemented website monitoring myself. I still keep the google analytics code on the website, because I'm very afraid of google - it can easily remove 50% of my business with a flip of a switch.
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

One funny thing I've noted. From time to time I like to theoretically test my morals - I envision some situation or action and query my response. When I envision burning a bank note, the response is "sin". Sin is the action that leads to a societal problem. A capitalist takes 10 credit dollars from bank, it orders a carpenter to work on a chair, a carpenter builds a chair and takes $10. If he burns his $10, there are no money in the system to buy the chair from the capitalist, because nobody has money to buy it unless they also take credit. Of course, in electronic form you can't burn dollars, but carpenter could just put the dollars under the matress and sustain himself by fishing, and the credit system would collapse as well. So, physical manipulations with bank notes is a sin in credit economy.
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:32 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

aciddose wrote:
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:Economy is a system of assets, production and consumption. The more assets and productions there are in the system the higher can be the consumption. This promotes reduction of poverty. In digital age every bit of work can be turned into production that in the end works for the good of everyone. Even a free photo is an asset - the only question is how public values it.

Cake is an asset. The only question is how the public eats it. Also chicken fingers. Nobody wants to admit they ate nine cans of ravioli, I admit it and I'm ashamed of myself. I mean the first can doesn't even count, then you get into the second, third, fourth and the fifth can I think I burnt with a blow torch, then you just keep eating.

By assets I mean production capacity, cake is equivalent of money or vice versa.
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:58 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

Here's sales and website visitors by the largest buying countries (2920 days).
Visitors:
If you can describe it to me, we can forget about words like "collapse" and "shrinking money supply" in audio plugin business.
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

I was approached by several people in the past to share similar relative sales timeline data. The "free market" in this aspect is a terrible thing - nobody knows how to plan their resources or to understand the market situation, they have to either ask for cooperation directly or in the form of "independent scientist" or use espionage.
aciddose
KVRAF

Postby aciddose; Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:15 am Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

You are graphing the over-all popularity of plug-ins on PC. (Partially, technically you're graphing the popularity of YOUR plugins on PC.) That's the problem: there is no problem with the economy or supply of currency or any of such ridiculous stuff. The PC is simply a medium on the decline because most people are satisfied with a tablet or phone.

During the same period I've seen the same slow decline in downloads of my free plug-ins. How can you explain that? They're free!

The whole market was booming around 2008 and has declined since then, but not over-all. What has declined is growth in the market.

Without new people buying PCs, new people can't get into the DAW software market and sales of software can't continue to increase.

Try marking on your graph: 1) introduction of iphone, 2) introduction of android phones, 3) introduction of tablets ios and android, 4) introduction of windows 8, 5) introduction of windows 10. You might notice a suspicious correlation here.

You got into the market when it was wild-west and you're like Ford with a model-T. You know the history of Ford right? They made very minor updates and bitched and cried like babies that nobody wanted a "real car" while the competition ate them alive with better products. You're at stage 2) refuse to improve products and whine and complain when nobody wants them. Stage 3) admit you are no longer a market leader, suck it up and duplicate the technology of your competition to stay alive.
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7589 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:08 am Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

aciddose wrote:
During the same period I've seen the same slow decline in downloads of my free plug-ins. How can you explain that? They're free!

Market saturation
aciddose
KVRAF

Postby aciddose; Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 am Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

Well there are plenty more reasons than that, but I wasn't asking anyone sane here, I was asking "THE BLOCKCHAIN MASTER". The question is more "how can you explain that as relating to some nonsense about credit?", since the plug-ins are free and such concerns clearly don't apply.
stratum
KVRAF

1661 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby stratum; Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:37 am Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42418902

Stores filling for bankruptcy, but not because the customers don't have money or because of themselves having absurd business practices.
I'm not surprized the status is easily incorrectly analysed from the perspective of someone living in Russia. It's a different world.
~stratum~
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

Sub credit system within credit system. Think about it.
Aleksey Vaneev
KVRAF

Postby Aleksey Vaneev; Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:36 pm Re: Free audio plugins blockchain and coin idea

Old dollars, new dollars, whatever, AMERO
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development