WaitForSingleObject in April 2018 Windows 10 update

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Did anyone notice a difference in the behavior of WaitForSingleObject API call after April 2018 Windows 10 update? I'm observing previously unnoticed high CPU usage after the upgrade but that wasn't the only thing that had recently changed and for that reason I'm not sure about the source of the problem.

Thanks
~stratum~

Update: Nevermind, it turns out that this is a problem with the Kaspersky antivirus software which appears to be incompatible with the latest Win10 update.
~stratum~

I'd uninstall that garbage if I were you.

I’ve not had any third party antivirus crap on my system for 10 years now. I don’t see the point. Why would I need it?

quikquak wrote:I’ve not had any third party antivirus crap on my system for 10 years now. I don’t see the point. Why would I need it?
Occasionally I let kids to use it and they don't recognize obvious malware while browsing.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:
quikquak wrote:I’ve not had any third party antivirus crap on my system for 10 years now. I don’t see the point. Why would I need it?
Occasionally I let kids to use it and they don't recognize obvious malware while browsing.
aaahh, good answer! :)
Get the kids an iPad and lock the computer... :)

Get the kids an iPad and lock the computer... :)
Not doing it again after 5-6 broken tablets. :lol: Unlike a touch screen, a computer monitor can be protected with a fiberglass cover and they can't break it whatever they do.
~stratum~

Then they miss out! They gotta learn somehow...
Yeah, I've seen kids sling these pads around the place like they're bits of lego. It all starts off OK, like the pads are gossamer angels, then they seem to test them by dropping them on the sofa first of all, then the carpet, then...

The way tablets were broken were pretty consistent: An ad appears, sticks on the screen and wouldn't go away, and the reaction is to get frustrated and hit the screen.
~stratum~

...The violent little f**kers. :D

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”