Dub siren plugin! Looking for people to colaborate

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to build a dub siren plugin, I'm aware there is one allready (dubsiren) but this one is not truly authentic.
The one I want to build will be sample based (I have access to one copied from jah shaka)
If anyone has made a simple sample playback device that can adapted get in touch.
The siren is very simple with 3 5 position rotary switches, a gate switch and a trigger button.

i think this idea has commercial potential.

drop me a line... alexiscousins@hotmail.com

Why not just ask interruptor ( http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml ) who developed the original SE one if he fancies creating a sample based version using your sounds. It would be very easy in SE to create a simple sample playing engine.

I'm sure the interruptor would be interested, he is obsessed by dub after all...

As for commercial potential, I can't really see much of a market for something so simple and something that is very much a "niche" product. Particularly as you can get the SE one for nothing and you can easily find samples of dub sirens for free on the web as well.

You would have to take the siren idea to the "next level" and really throw in some clever ideas for there to be much interest. Please don't take this the wrong way, I really hope you succeed. I just think you may be over estimating the potential.

Good luck.

If anyone has made a simple sample playback device that can adapted get in touch.
The siren is very simple with 3 5 position rotary switches, a gate switch and a trigger button.

i think this idea has commercial potential.
Exponent would be very interested in helping you out with this project, BUT only if it was given away as freeware...
If you're interested in working with us to develop this product drop me an email at paul[at]expdigital[dot]co[dot]uk and we can chat further.

Paul

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”