Coming next - Multi-core support

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i would like just to treat things simple,
i have tried all the music gears and DAWs and i really think EXT is best for me to make music,
the program is so smart,simple and can do things fast and effective,

i don't care "64 bit in 2017" or if Jorgen is "untrustworthy" or his opinion on litterateur ...

i love EXT so much and now i have a new dream that EXT will become EXT3.
i just like to thank Jorgen by supporting him, for creating this great software,
with some payment for the version 3.

will my dream come true one day? The world is unpredictable.
I just enjoy dreaming.
and that's all.

I tend to agree, not a single audio program catches an essence of music creation like ext, and that's why I always come back to him, regardless of any limitation or problem that it might have.

kejkz wrote:I tend to agree, not a single audio program catches an essence of music creation like ext, and that's why I always come back to him, regardless of any limitation or problem that it might have.
I think all of us still hanging around feel pretty much the same.

Maybe we are a little bit fanboy, but we're not deluded. I've had a serious go at Jorgen in the past, but it did no good, and thankfully did no harm. I guess if he has one quality apart from being an exceptional coder, it is the fact that it is all just water of the Duck's back to him.

I've banged on about this so much and don't wish to be a bore (too late!), but your post encapsulates the general feeling very well, I think.

Who knows, we may be in for a BIG surprise. I mean, everything is a bonus now right? We may all be very disappointed very soon. But we also might be entering a new golden age. If this is right, and there really is an XT3 around the corner, well, knowing Jorgen, it is going to be more that a corporate re-badge. It will mean something fundamentally different, and that might be a good or bad thing.

But no one can take away the masterpiece that is XT2 - it took a while to get there, but I personally think it can hold its head up high.

If XT3 is an improvement, and it comes before the end of the decade, then, hey, I don't even mind paying for it!

codec_spurt wrote:stuff
He is untrustworthy, yep correct word, he showed things he was going to put in v2 that never appeared, he told of plenty of things he would put in v2 that never appeared, in fact the list really does go on, he is untrustworthy!!

The fact that so few people are posting in this forum compared to when it was the busiest forum here, that should tell you how many people trust this guy to come through with what he says he will.

V3 = A much slicker/faster version of V2 that supports extra platforms (Android and some old calculator) that comes with the added bonus of removing most of the features of V2 so they don't get in your way, and rather than coming as the binary you have gotten used to using, it just comes as a C++ print out for you to type in to some random IDE yourself !!
(Let me shorten that for you, V1 to V2, Removed most of the features and eventually couldn't even be bothered to compile the plugin version that people paid for)

Trustworthy pffft !!!
Duh

i really know the meaning of "untrustworthy" is, as i were a user of Logic 5 (PC version!!),
Cakewalk Project 5 and Acid pro 7...how much money i've spent for them without giving
me back a "future"...

at least Jorgen still give me a little hope,
We may all be very disappointed finally,who knows?
as i said before,The world is unpredictable.

just think the word "untrustworthy" in this case is a bit too much for him,as a single developer.....

relax ,my friend.

Love EXT 1.41 still with all my heart on XP, using EXT 2.7 on Linux but the general [my] feeling is that none of these are really production ready, really. That's my criticism of EXT. But love it for "sketching" if you know what I mean. Working with MIDI and VSTis in it is a breeze for me, not to mention the fabulous and easy to grasp VST/VSTi connections, SO EASY - just pull the in to out or out to in and it's done, no terrible drop down menus. You can work with it completely stoned or boozed! :) One of the main gripes was always multi core support. It's simply unusable without it at this day and age. Even the stupid phones have multi-core support these days! PHONES! So multi core support is coming in v3? That's really great news! However, knowing how fast EXT development is going we can expect a stable and usable EXT3 sometime in 2017. Sadly. That coming from a real EXT fan is even more sad. :(

However, if Jorgen reads this don't get depressed by how we feel, just make it happen as soon as possible. I'll absolutely buy it because it seems like you [Jorgen] do understand what a creative musician needs. But the workflow in EXT 1.41 is still the best of any DAWs I've encountered throughout the years no matter what anybody says and I'm heavily into DAWs [Cubase, ProCraps, S1 etc...]. For me, that is. I made lots of great sketchings in it.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I dunno, it still works after all those years and something like 5-6 system updates and two more daws at my disposal that I just cannot get used to, I think he got something quite right. I got what I bought and some more, for free, after all those years. If new version will bring something that suites my needs, I would gladly pay again, because I've made so many songs and sketches in it like in no other daw out there, and I've tried a lot of them, oh, I did.
Multi-CPU support done right would raise it to stratosphere for me. When I think of it, only thing that I am in constant need is ADR envelope for drum channel. If that's implemented at some point, I will be in my personal audio heaven.
But than again, that's only me...

kejkz wrote: Multi-CPU support done right would raise it to stratosphere for me. When I think of it, only thing that I am in constant need is ADR envelope for drum channel. If that's implemented at some point, I will be in my personal audio heaven.
But than again, that's only me...
You are not alone!

XT2 has so many holes in it, it's almost like a Swiss Cheese!

Then again, lots of people like Swiss Cheese!

I think this analogy has gone far enough. I won't pursue it any further.

But yes, kejkz, I agree with you - Multi-Core = Audio Heaven!

Let's face it, the rest of the DAW is perfect. Nothing else lacking. This is the biggest make over it could ever get.

bungle wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:stuff
He is untrustworthy, yep correct word, he showed things he was going to put in v2 that never appeared, he told of plenty of things he would put in v2 that never appeared, in fact the list really does go on, he is untrustworthy!!

The fact that so few people are posting in this forum compared to when it was the busiest forum here, that should tell you how many people trust this guy to come through with what he says he will.
I guess your version of untrustworthy and mine are different.

Ok, Jorgen does stretch the limits of credulity, but he is coding a DAW for f**k's sake. I'd still lend him a fiver if he said he wanted to get a round in though.

You think you are special?

The first that ever was super super disappointed because their vision of XT didn't quite measure up to expectations?

Nup. Plenty more before you brother, Join the long long queue.

It is what it is.

The fact that there aren't that many people posting here, well, what are they going to post. All the important stuff gets dealt with either here or via customer support directly with Jorgen.

The fact is, many jumped ship. People like DJ Subject, but he cracks on with his new DAW. He'll be more pleased than anyone to see a new version.

The truth is, Jorgen really is an anomaly. He is the most reclusive dev ever. f**k knows where his head is at. But somehow, he just keeps coming up with the goods. He had a few lost years. Haven't we all.

If someone really had a major problem with XT, let them post here. I bet if someone could help, their query would be dealt with in a few days. No other company gives better support than that.

People check in here every few days. There are still a few more goodies to be had. My skins for the latest version or the fact that it is going to be included in one of the best Linux distros next version of it coming out.

XT ain't dead, it just needs a powder puff of perfume. Some of its followers, however, do smell a bit funny.

Wow, that was the funniest post i have read in so long, and so full of **** it was hilarious hahaha
Duh

multi-core support and a grammy award winning song generator algorythem function is all EXT2 has been lacking to make it perfect! lets see both of these features added ASAP!!!!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

still waiting for iToast support so i can use my Marmite plugin!

:hihi:

... and an iSink, please! So I don't have to leave my workplace every 2 hours.

although years late if he does finally implement this it'd still be very much appreciated. I have some older projects which were jammed by lack of spare cpu & tbh i'd still use XT2.7 now if it had multi-core support. love its minimalistic clear interface and as a sequencer does all I need it to. readable & easy on the eye on all screen sizes.
cos of lack of multi-core I had to switch to Reaper but never found myself at ease in that sequencer.

olikana wrote:although years late if he does finally implement this it'd still be very much appreciated. I have some older projects which were jammed by lack of spare cpu & tbh i'd still use XT2.7 now if it had multi-core support. love its minimalistic clear interface and as a sequencer does all I need it to. readable & easy on the eye on all screen sizes.
cos of lack of multi-core I had to switch to Reaper but never found myself at ease in that sequencer.
exactly, maybe some more tools in the midi editor and it would be a great solution.

i even could do without multicore support if only the drum track would be more midiish and if only midi routing and midi out ( to external gear ) would be more robust ( using it as drum sampler and sequencer for external gear that is )!!!
ymmv

Return to “energyXT”