FEATURE REQUEST list - what do you want from energyXT2 ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Get that multicore support done and you will have loads of happy customers + a bunch of new customers (like me).

When I double-click on a part in a MIDI-track, the piano roll editor opens up, but at the start of that part - or so it seems.
Some of my parts are more 200 bars long and it is tiring when energyXT open the track at bar 1 instead of - say - bar 190 where there is something that I want to edit.

So: Each time I use energyXT I really miss a way to open the editor at the bar that I want to.

A possible solution: If I double-click the part at bar 190, then that is the bar that will be in the center of the editor window.

If there already is a solution to this "problem", I would be pleased to hear about it.

Clips:
-allow arp settings to be saved in clips
-allow insert effects to be saved in clips

Multi-effect:
-allow the eXT multi-effect parameters to be controlled by envelopes

Sampler/synth:
-allow more parameters in the eXT synth/sampler to be controlled by MIDI (LFO rate, depth, envelopes, etc)
-allow sample zoom in eXT synth/sampler
-allow creation/editing of start and end loop points in eXT synth/sampler

Other
-allow track mute & solo to be controlled by MIDI (is this possible? I can't figure it out)

'don't' solve the multicore issue!
cos being single core actually solves the 'old synthedit plug' problem...
ok,maybe we could have a choice of both?

A "clear recent" option like eXT1.4 ( output/add new/recent/clear )

please....Thanks

MrHope wrote:Please add an option to delete the VSTi from the Modular Setup if that VSTi is deleted from the Sequencer.

Otherwise we end up with "ghost/orphan" VSTi's in the modular setup which I imagine are taking up CPU time. Even if they aren't, they clutter up the modular setup and it's hard to know which one is which if a lot of changes have occured over multiple sessions.

Thanks
I otherwise think Energy XT is a fine and awesome piece of gear. I really appreciate how it works these days.
From the sequencer view use the mixer strip; right click at the vst name and delete from there. Then you wont leave a stray vst in modular view.
cheers,
shrap

Donner wrote:When I double-click on a part in a MIDI-track, the piano roll editor opens up, but at the start of that part - or so it seems.
Some of my parts are more 200 bars long and it is tiring when energyXT open the track at bar 1 instead of - say - bar 190 where there is something that I want to edit.

So: Each time I use energyXT I really miss a way to open the editor at the bar that I want to.

A possible solution: If I double-click the part at bar 190, then that is the bar that will be in the center of the editor window.

If there already is a solution to this "problem", I would be pleased to hear about it.
I have a solution, that I think is better than my first suggestion: When the editor window opens, it opens up as it does now, but then there is a button that you can click on, which immediately transports you to the place where the vertical playback-line is.

emotica wrote:Get that multicore support done and you will have loads of happy customers + a bunch of new customers (like me).
+1
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

The option to send the metronome to a different audio device/output (for live performance recording).

Sorry if it's been mentioned.

Donner wrote: I have a solution, that I think is better than my first suggestion: When the editor window opens, it opens up as it does now, but then there is a button that you can click on, which immediately transports you to the place where the vertical playback-line is.
Ah, there is already such a function: Press the zoom-spot. Sorry about this, I missed that feature totally, but I'm pleased that it is there.

multicore support and reliable midi timecode please

for editing midi/tracks: invert selected and, perhaps, select none.
more to come...

I think this has been said before but i'll say it again...
Midi note length has no affect on drum tracks (whole sample is played instead of 1/16 note, etc).

If you could code this in...probably not the easiest task, but I would be grateful :)

Also to expand on my last post, invert selected (select inverse), this is really necessary to me, i'm really surprised to not find it in there. I think it would be an easy thing to add though?

middle click scroll bar for fast scrolling (as per usual in all linux apps)

My wish is, to edit the volume value in the mixer manually. Cause it's possible to edit all other values, it seems to me, the developers just overlooked that feature.

Return to “energyXT”