XT2 LICENCE PURCHASE AND REGISTERING - information

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello and welcome all to the energyXT forums on KVRAudio. Before you read the rest of this, know that this information may change over time. If you notice something that is incorrect, I would appreciate it if you could make a quick post, and let me know, preferably with the correct information and a link where appropriate. Thank you!

Quite a few users have had issues with purchasing XT2, often it is waiting for their keyfiles to be emailed to them. So here is a post that you can all read so that you know what's what with purchasing XT2.

For the short version, if you want to purchase XT2, please use ShareIt if possible. If not, you'll need to use the Paypal option on the energyXT website. ShareIt is faster and preferred.

Now for the long version.

First of all, you can buy XT2 here. You will notice two versions, and two payment methods. If you would like to know what is restricted in the Core version of XT2, please visit here (edit: link removed as it is no longer accessible on the XT website). Purchasing XT2 gives you a keyfile that works with energyXT 1 (here and here) as well. I am not sure if this applies to the Core edition or not.

The payment methods are important to understand. There are two, listed as credit card and Paypal.

ShareIt
The credit card option actually allows you to purchase through ShareIt. This is the preferred option for many, as you usually receive your keyfile in a short time. Please use this method. Note that you can also pay through ShareIt using Paypal, it's just that the transaction is processed through ShareIt and not directly with the energyXT team. If you want it in a seperate account to other ShareIt orders (for the ability to sell your license seperately from your other ShareIt purchases, for instance) simply do not login when you purchase, and it will be treated as seperate from your other ShareIt purchases.

Paypal
The Paypal option is the less preferred method for most. Many are comfortable with it. Please note that you can also use Paypal to pay through the above option (even though on the energyXT website it says credit card). The difference is that purchasing through Paypal direct through the energyXT website means that the energyXT team must handle the transaction themselves. While some people have received their keyfiles within hours of purchase, some have waited for a little over a week. Please keep this in mind when choosing between Paypal and Credit Card on the energyXT website.

After you have purchased XT2, and you have received your keyfile (xt.lck is usually what it is called, but older keyfiles were called massiva.key and these work as well), that file needs to be placed in the directory where you have installed XT2. If you use the VST version of XT2, you must also place the keyfile in the directory with that version as well.

For energyXT 1, to register the keyfile you must first rename it to massiva.key. Then go into energyXT 1 and right click on the main window (the background), go to Install license, and direct it to massiva.key. This will create an energyxt.key file in the folder where you have energyXT 1 installed. As with XT2, this applies to both the standalone and VST versions. This process is detailed in the XT2 FAQ.

I hope this helps current and future purchasers of XT to understand the process better.

Feel free to post recommendations for edits (both changes and additions) and I'll update as necessary. Like, for instance, whether or not the Core version keyfile can be used with energyXT 1 or not. Thanks!
Last edited by druid on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

thank you, that helps allot druid!

ah that clears things up for me to(should have used shareit) :hihi:

Thanks druid :)

And to make things a little more complicated ;-)

Even in shareit you can choose Paypal as a payment method. The advantage of shareit (fast delivery) and still using paypal...

Oh don't tell me you can do that.. :cry:

Thanks, I will try to include that.

:cry: aw man now i find that out

I purchased it from ShareIt on Sunday June 15. I haven't gotten my license yet.

Why in the hell is it taking this long?

kitekrazy wrote:I purchased it from ShareIt on Sunday June 15. I haven't gotten my license yet.

Why in the hell is it taking this long?
That's really strange. Bad as the support of share-it can be if you dare to ask a question :hihi: , I usually always get the download link of software, reg-files or whatever is needed straight away. Just a few days ago again with a nice preset-bank for Rhino2-synth. In the past with EXT1 I had the 4 licenses I bought (I eat them :hihi: - no, 3 were gifts for others) within a day. Like it is supposed to be these days...

I even emailed the XT support-nada.
I can get boxed software from Sweetwater faster than this.

did you check your Spam mail?

shareit should be quick!

a reply to your email might take a few days,

can you not log in to shareit & download/re-send the key again?

Subz

djsubject wrote:did you check your Spam mail?

shareit should be quick!

a reply to your email might take a few days,

can you not log in to shareit & download/re-send the key again?

Subz
Here are the details from ShareIt.

A. Brief information on product delivery

The publisher will deliver the product within 48 hours.

Please note that you will not receive a delivery by postal mail.

So it seems I'm waiting for the people at EnergyXT to come through.
Even after an email to them, I haven't gotten anything.

I've checked to make sure it wasn't in the spam folder.

Are the people who make EnergyXT this slow.

Pardon the hell out of me if am eager to use their fully licensed product.

I'm afraid contacting them directly is indeed slow. It is a common issue brought up here. It may be that they are really busy, I don't know one way or another for sure.

I'm sorry to hear ShareIt was not fast for you. Please let us know how long it takes to get your license. It makes sense that the XT team has to make keys for ShareIt as well, but I've never read about problems with purchasing XT through ShareIt, so ... I'll update my thing if this problem is more widespread than one or two cases, too, since that means what I wrote would be inaccurate. :shock:

The downside of ShareIt is that the costs are higher. :(

Therefore I always choose Paypal where possible.

.. eh? I thought the software cost the same regardless of site of purchase? Or are you talking about currency conversions?

Return to “energyXT”