Help needed! (XT2 + ASIO)

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All of a sudden, I cannot anymore select an ASIO device in XT2 anymore.
(The only available device is <no audio>.)

I started XT2 today (newest beta 2.5.3 dated 11 Jan. 2010) with an empty project, added a synthesizer track, just inserted some notes, pressed play and just heard crappy sound.
So I looked into File->Setup->Audio and to my surprise saw that 'DS' was displayed where normally I had selected ASIO.
So I selected ASIO and then wanted to choose my dedicated ASIO driver, but it was not listed anymore (also ASIO4ALL was not available)

I restarted XT2, I restarted the computer. No luck.
I deleted the energyXT.ini file. No luck.
I tried older versions and betas of XT2. No luck.

I checked standalone versions of some synths and other hosts (including XT1).
All of them displayed and made use of the ASIO devices (be it the dedicated ASIO driver or ASIO4ALL) correctly.

Also I do not see any MIDI inputs and outputs anymore (that is: their names) although I can check/uncheck them - 2 inputs and 3 outputs)

I do not have a clue what is going on here.

Anyone has any ideas what could be wrong and what else I could try?

Edit:
Maybe this helps to narrow down my problem:
If I choose 'DS' then I can select my dedicated soundcard (analog and S/PDIF) as well as the built in sound card and the 'Primary Sound Driver'.
But whatever I choose, the list of Audio inputs always stays empty and the list's header says 'Audio inputs (Recording not supported).
And yes, I have XT2 licensed...

Ha, I got it :!:

Seems some bad hijacker removed the libaam.dll from the XT2 directory... :oops:

I'm sure it wasn't me! :D (Why should I have done this?)

I have this problem also.
i have an m-audio delta, all drivers up to date etc. i have no problems using any other apps. but every time i launch energyxt, my sound card is not listed anymore. midi slots in the setup dialog are also blank.
instead i have DS listed as audio with 'primary sound driver' which sounds terrible as you might imagine. if i was alec empire i wouldn't care : )
i have reinstalled several times now and even though my audio card will appear, when i quite and start another session it will be missing again.
i would appreciate help a lot
many thanks

ZonderP wrote:Ha, I got it :!:

Seems some bad hijacker removed the libaam.dll from the XT2 directory... :oops:

I'm sure it wasn't me! :D (Why should I have done this?)
So - have a look if you have libaam.dll in the directory where from you start energyXT...

i am terribly sorry.
i thought it was a wee joke... but it is in fact the solution.
so MANY thanks for that : )

No problem! :)
Glad I could help.

Return to “energyXT”