Unable to record audio - 19-nov - energyXT 2.6 beta

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Latest beta: 19-nov - energyXT 2.6 beta.

Xt2 keep telling me "Project must be saved before you can record audio.".

Project is saved. Tried to save under different name too and still unable to record.

:(
*.:.*

When you go to File>Setup>Project
what does it say under "Location" and "audio folder"?

You could also specify a temp audio folder under file>setup>audio, try if it records there, and after you sort out the problem go to browser>audio pool and copy the files to the project folder.

Greets, Pete

are you working under win7? have to tried to run xt as admin?

I have the exact same problem with EnergyXT 2.5.4

I have no idea how to fix it. I tried everytthing, from running it as admin, saving, setting the project folders etc..., setting temp...

DELETED

If you unzip the beta into a new directory, you must at least copy libaam.dll from the original installation folder into the new directory.
The zip where the beta executable is packed into doesn't contain this necessary file, it only contains the executable itself.

Edit:
The 2.6.0 beta works perfectly here!

But I have this problem with the public 2.5.4 build, not the beta.

EDIT: okay, this is weird. I have this problem on my laptop, but not on my main computer.

Weird...

I do use asio4all on my laptop. Can it be related?

@LPChip:
I answered to MrHope's post.
Your problem is like the originally posted one ('Project must be saved before you can record audio.')?
No, I do not think that ASIO4ALL is related to any problems in this topic.
Recheck if you really have libaam.dll in the folder where energyXT.exe is in and where to a possibly existing shortcut points to. Also recheck the settings in Setup->Audio.
Is ASIO/ASIO4ALL the selected device and can you see its in- and outputs?

ZonderP wrote:@LPChip:
I answered to MrHope's post.
Your problem is like the originally posted one ('Project must be saved before you can record audio.')?
No, I do not think that ASIO4ALL is related to any problems in this topic.
Recheck if you really have libaam.dll in the folder where energyXT.exe is in and where to a possibly existing shortcut points to. Also recheck the settings in Setup->Audio.
Is ASIO/ASIO4ALL the selected device and can you see its in- and outputs?
I'll check for the libaam.dll file. As for the other questions, I'm very sure that it runs through ASIO4ALL. I had the input sound coming out of my speakers whenever I selected that track in EnergyXT, and furthermore, I controlled all with ASIO4ALL using its devicemanager.

DELETED

In the Setup->Project check what your audio folder looks like. This is the project's audio folder not the program's temporary one. I had the same problem like you with this folder being temp_audior which hadn't existed. I created it and it worked.

You are kidding right ?
Did you even look at the date, you are answering a 7 year old question, they wont even be using this dead sodtware anymore.
Duh

Return to “energyXT”