2.6 final release is here!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"can you tell us something about the release of energy xt 3? will it be released this year?

regards

jorgen.xt EMPLOYEE
jorgen.xt (Developer) 2 months ago
We are releasing v2.6 nov/des and then start working on v3"

this is from the support Forum, seems like 2.6 will be the last before V3

bobbackwards wrote:
ZonderP wrote:
bobbackwards wrote:Crashes to desktop every time...not good
XT2 runs quite good for most of us.
You did not tell us anything relevant so that we could help...not good.
Snark much asshole...I have been a user since early in xt1's beta cycle, I don't see anywhere in my post where I asked for help. STFU
Bit un called for?

If you been here longer than me then you know your post was missing some/any useful information

If one of us is a asshole it would be the one acting like a ass?

:(

djsubject wrote:
If one of us is an asshole who is it the one acting like an ass?
that would be jorgen..... for how many years he told us multicore support was planned? afer a couple of years waiting i eventually bought reaper anyway ....but i always kept one foot in XT hoping jorgen would deliver on his promise. but nothing. terrible misleading communication all way long.

DELETED

michi_mak wrote:
olikana wrote:
djsubject wrote:
If one of us is an asshole who is it the one acting like an ass?
that would be jorgen..... for how many years he told us multicore support was planned? afer a couple of years waiting i eventually bought reaper anyway ....but i always kept one foot in XT hoping jorgen would deliver on his promise. but nothing. terrible misleading communication all way long.
it's a little bit too much calling Jorgen an asshole - i agree with olikana on Jorgen's lack of communication skills and about having lost the focus of development and some other points - but caling him an asshole is way too much !!! :-o :o :shock:
i don't use such petty insults. i quoted someone elses words...and just wanted to point out that if anyone here behaved inappropriately that would be the developer and frustration by users should be well understood.
i'm personally frustrated cos i bought xt2 in advance as multicore support was planned before even it's 1st release....disappointed on release then i believed his words every year that it would be coming and it was planned as 1st priority.
every year same story " after next update i'll start working on multicore support"....and now after many years of useless updates (at the end of the day if a sequencer only use one of your cores u'd be foolish to use it no matter how good it is) he releases the final update (still without multicore support)...and now says he will start working on the next product xt3? wow thanks a lot.

i gotta be honest, i like the update and love the fact it came with some nice new loops and samples to play with

hudson_m4000 wrote:Been testing as usual to see what happens... and I am very pleased there is now a working tempo track, even if not with nodes (yet?), and the ability to drag files from the audio pool :) Both good developments!! :)
I agree, I've wanted those for a long time.
hudson_m4000 wrote:But I am a bit disappointed that file naming for recorded audio is still rec1, rec2 etc and doesn't follow track name...

...naming files after tracks makes it so much easier to manage a project - especially now that drag from pool is available.... in a list of 100+ files all called 'rec', knowing which one is which is very hard work!
Seriously. That should not be a hard fix.
kejkz wrote:heh, don't hold your breath for energy xt updates
Yeah. I kinda wish I'd picked up something else originally. I've gotten so used to the workflow, it's really sad that development and bugfixes are so slow. Other DAWs just get in my way so much, or lack one or two killer features that I'm used to having, or the UI is just awful and the workflow painful. But I wonder if I'd gotten used to something else if I'd be used to its quirks and it wouldn't be such a big deal. :shrug:

Anyway, XT has been my main DAW for the last 5+ years, much to my horror. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone though.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Yes, I have almost same feeling, but I am not too disappointed in energy xt, since it was really cheap, and for that money, I think you can't have anything better at that time (2007) when I bought it. Now is a completely different situation, because you have some nice daws for same price with much better features, not to mention free ones that come with hardware. I have just bought new keyboard that came with Cubase LE5, software that is in some regards light year ahead of energyxt... but it's still Cubase, one of the worst hosts (in my opinion) when it comes to user interface, It's just too crowded. EnergyXT workflow is so natural for me that I am working almost automatically with it. I have also finished album in it, so it can't be that bad... but every one of us have it's own priorities. What's most unbelievable for me is complete lack of bug fixing and finishing of some nicely features. As I have seen these days, when I was recording some guitars and vocals with energxt, is that audio editing features are so buggy that they are not usable by any standard. So from now on I will try to avoid doing any new projects in energyxt until developer(s) fix all bugs. I would even pay for fixing all those annoying bugs in xt. But, as I said before, I think thats all from xt2 folks... move on and pick some other daw, you will learn it and love it just as much as you love energyxt. It's not that daw is making music, you are, it can only help... or make your hair gray early.

is there any alternative to XT out there? It's mainly the modular view i want

Next life ill be a programmer for sure! :D
:hug:

I used to love the randomize and morph vst params feature of xt1.
Everytime i keep hoping it makes it in xt2.

Crackbaby > I'm currently looking into flstudio .. I sure don't like the pattern programming, but apparently they now have a modular view module.
http://www.image-line.com/documents/patcher.html

I want to keep making music with xt2, but i keep bumping into the worst type of crashes .... save file corruption :s

Crackbaby wrote:is there any alternative to XT out there? It's mainly the modular view i want

Next life ill be a programmer for sure! :D
MuLab! Way more powerful then XT in the modular area. Actually the most powerful modular DAW on the market.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “energyXT”