SPAN mono only in EXT ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted this on the Effects forum but no replies. Maybe it is a bit too EXT specific, so I will try again here.

Anybody who uses SPAN successfully (or not), please respond.

Greetings.

I have been using SPAN here and there for ages and am now up to V2.4.1 which I think is the latest.

I have had reason to look at the input / output routing recently, trying to display two different - stereo - spectra, one for each of two instruments.

I have read all of the relevant documents but I have obviously missed something fundamental.

I am also using it in Energy XT2.6, which I know has some ambiguous stereo/mono issues.

No matter how I set up the routing I can not get SPAN to pass a stereo signal.
Even when in dual mono mode, I can see a spectrum for left, and an underlay for right and they behave correctly within SPAN, but there are only mono outputs, no matter how I configure the routing.

So, please, what am I doing wrong?

TIA

Rattsarrse
Second Star On The Right, And Straight On 'till Morning

I have always had this problem with all voxengo plugins in xt2, never worked out how to fix it. I use the analyser built into meldaproduction mequaliser now. Its pretty good, plus I then have an EQ on hand too (and its free - although the upgrade was only £25 or so for the whole freeware suite and then allows yiu to resize the GUI).

Oh, Dear.

SPAN is the only Voxengo plugin I really use. It has the advantage of being able to show two separate inputs in different colours on the same display which is useful for identifying where two instruments clash.

I have a workaround where I send the instruments outputs to a mixer channel, and have a parallel send to SPAN with its output to a muted channel.

Would be nice to make it work properly, though. I put in a FR years ago for stereo / mono / selectable ins and outs on EXT but it hasn't shown up yet.

Rgds

rat

That is what I ended up doing, I also tried using it as a send with that muted, but found both to be a pain. Its a shame really, as both versions of SPAN have nice clear GUIs. I never knew about the duel-display though - should really start reading the manuals!

Yeah, it is harder than it needs to be.
If anybody can point me to another multiple input spec an, I would gladly pay for it.
The trick is to have both ( or all) channels on the same display.

Suggestions anyone?

Rat of ages

I believe it is a known bug to do with plugins that have certain input/output configuration settings not working properly in XT2. This has been posted before and there are convoluted workarounds. Search the forum.

It is probably not worth the hassle.

Anyway, do a search. It is a known problem and the elders of EnergyXT2 have posted their knowledge and workarounds. Sorry for being vague. There is quite a bit of info on this forum about it.

Alternatives? There are a few. Maybe someone else could say what they use.
Span is pretty good but it is not the only one...

EDIT:

Ok, Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will shoot me down.
I am probably very wrong about this, but check this page out:
http://asseca.com/ext-setup/configuration.html

I think it might have something to do with it. But I might be wrong.

Ok, I just spent ten minutes searching this for you. Nothing. I'm pretty good searching, but I got nowhere. But I have no doubt that if you email either Alexy of Voxengo or Jorgen of XT they know about this problem. Obviously it is still not sorted out. I can't remember whose fault it was at the end of the day, but who cares. It is a known problem. Use the workaround or find another spectrum analyser. Btw, there are a few other plugins that exhibit this behaviour, it is to do with the input/output config.

Good luck.

Edit 2:
---------------------------
http://www.voxengo.com/forum/freeplugins/2358/
-------------------------------------

All Voxengo plugins work as mono only in Energy XT

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it can be considered old. Replying is disabled for this topic.

Taikakim on Apr 9, 2010, 8:46pm:
So that's the problem.

When I for example open Latency Delay in the modular view, I get 8 inputs and outputs, but they all convert the signal into mono :/

How do I remedy this problem?

Otherwise the plugin seems great, I can align my Elevayta Spaceboy with it, since it makes over 90ms delay and PDC is not so great with effect chains in EXT...

Aleksey Vaneev on Apr 10, 2010, 9:37am:
Some of the latest plug-in versions have the "No multi-channel operation" global switch which allows hosts like EnergyXT that do not support multi-channel plug-ins correctly to operate in stereo mode.

EnergyXT quite frivolously treats multiple IO of the plug-in as several mono inputs while in reality it is a single multi-channel bus.

==========================================================================

See also:
----------------------------------------------
http://www.voxengo.com/forum/deftcompressor/2346/
------------------------------------------------

Routing problem

This topic was last updated 180 days ago, and thus it can be considered old. Replying is disabled for this topic.

jdtrbn on Mar 27, 2010, 12:27am:
In energyXT this plug-in seems to have 8 mono inputs, but no stereo inputs. I have to say I have no idea how to set it up for stereo operation. The mono version sounded great though :).

Aleksey Vaneev on Mar 27, 2010, 7:02am:
Please enable the "No Multi-channel operation" switch in the global options - there's some bug available in EnergyXT which does not want to recognize multi-channel capability of the plug-in.

jdtrbn on Mar 27, 2010, 9:57am:
Thanks! That solved it.

Aleksey Vaneev on Mar 27, 2010, 10:22am:
You are welcome!

---------------------------------------------------

See also:
----------------------------------------------
https://getsatisfaction.com/energyxt/to ... o_plug_bug
----------------------------------------------------

Edit 3:

Try that 'switch' that Aleksey suggested. It might then work for you. Let us know if it does!

cheers.
:D

The "No Multi-channel operation" switch in the global options works, and not only for SPAN, I'm using Voxformer on both mono and stereo channels without problems.

Branis wrote:The "No Multi-channel operation" switch in the global options works, and not only for SPAN, I'm using Voxformer on both mono and stereo channels without problems.

Thankyou Branis.

codec_spurt wrote:

Aleksey Vaneev on Mar 27, 2010, 7:02am:
Please enable the "No Multi-channel operation" switch in the global options - there's some bug available in EnergyXT which does not want to recognize multi-channel capability of the plug-in.

jdtrbn on Mar 27, 2010, 9:57am:
Thanks! That solved it.

Aleksey Vaneev on Mar 27, 2010, 10:22am:
You are welcome!

Edit 3:

Try that 'switch' that Aleksey suggested. It might then work for you. Let us know if it does!

cheers.
:D
Thanks everyone. That switch just solved my problems too.

Return to “energyXT”