longtime energyXT fan. What are the new hot DAWs in similar vein?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love eXT, esp. 1.4's sequencer with all the midi manipulations it can do on the piano roll, very intuitive and powerful. I like the modular aspect but I actually didn't use it too much. What other, updated pieces of software are there that compare? I'd like to start doing more music. I'd like something that's being actively developed.

Should I use Live like all the kids are using? FL studio? Wait for bitwig (huge fan of Surge synth, I still own it.) Is there something I haven't heard of that's new that a long-time ext fan would enjoy? I just set up my new studio.....
Do not lick the fablanky

Tracktion looks promising, it's not ext, but it does have modular plugin that you can use if you need, it works with midi plugins and it's not too expensive. I own it, and have some long term plan to go to when needed, it still have a lots of small and not so small issues with some of the plugins I use that I hope will be sorted out. Nothing else rocks my boat these days.

But for me, energy is still the king, even after all those years of negligence. I am so used to it's workflow that sometimes I think it's connected to my inner self.

You could check out MuLab from MuTools.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Return to “energyXT”