23-mar-14 - energyXT 2.7 beta 2 is here!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The new beta (2.7 beta 2) is here!

Get it from here:
http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0108

:clap:

No Multicore
No X64
No update for the VST

This is ridiculous now :(
Duh

bungle wrote:This is ridiculous now :(
I do not understand how missing these features prevents you from being creative. It has never been a limitation for me.

Cool update, was looking forward to it! One thing is still a mystery to me: how to render a part inside drum pad? I can't find that option in menu... I'll dig up a little bit, maybe there is keyboard shortcut for that.

djvision wrote:I do not understand how missing these features prevents you from being creative. It has never been a limitation for me.
+1

I believe that good music comes from the inside out.
Limitations makes us think and find new ways, to get
the job done.
EnergyXT is quite capable of delivering what is necessary
to make great tracks.

Thanks for the update :party:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I think that mixerstrip in the sequencer is really nice and the way the MIDI learn works there is definitely an improvement. A lot of good stuff with the update, like the quick transpose..

Anyone figured out how to add presets to the 'presets' (right-click) menu?

Haven't tried that drum rendering thing yet..

Thanks for the update!

Tried to write them a mail, but the mail came back, could not be delivered...

Anyway, is there a list of the 32 instruments included? Since they are not part of the demo and there is only a blank hole where I suppose an audio player should be on the home page, I would like to at least read which ones there are.

I agree that at least the multi-core support should be there by now. If for instance I use U-he VSTi's, missing multi-core support can be a problem. Most other DAW's already have that support by now, so I am not sure how long energyXT will be able to compete with all the other DAW's out there. Judging from the price, the makers of energyXT must already be struggling...

@fluffy...
Not sure what instruments you're talking about? The ones that advertised on the energyXT site like this:
'energyXT 2.6 comes with 400 loops and 32 multi-sampled instruments from
Loopmasters. The loops are only available in the full version of energyXT.'
If so, those are instruments for energyXT's built in synth (in soundfont 2 format) and you can just download them and try them in the demo version of XT2.

:wheee:

Btw,just for fun i downloaded the December Linux version and on Ubuntu it started right away without any hiccups or installation... :eek:

I need to grab my massiva Key from my PC. :D
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Yes, that's what I meant :) I hope I will find out how importing those files works.
It is not the most intuitive DAW, but seems quite capable, a bargain for the price.

the pan/volume knob in the mixer strip seems to be off a bit. dead center and there leaning on the right.
Anyway cool to see this updated. Wasn't expecting anything really.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

@fluffy..
Save the 32 sf2 files to any folder you have set up in energyXT's 'Setup' (Menu->File->Setup) under 'Browser'->'Samples'.
Then from XT2's built in browser (F3 to show/hide it) drag such a sf2 file from 'Samples' to the sequencer/tracks area. This will automatically create a track using the built in synth with the selected instrument loaded...
Hope this helps for the beginning...

how is it working out for everyone so far... too early to make the leap?...possibly in the market for a new daw... looking at multiple things.. what about rewire... do you have to use the rewire vst? is that stable to use, with multiple instruments?

thanks for input

djvision wrote:
bungle wrote:This is ridiculous now :(
I do not understand how missing these features prevents you from being creative. It has never been a limitation for me.
You are kidding right ?
I bought EXT as a plugin, the plugin does not get updated, I use it as a plugin, or actually i don't/can't because i try to avoid bridging 32 bit plugins (If you don't know why bridging is not a good idea on large projects, then don't even bother trying to reply)

They don't prevent me from being creative, they prevent me from using EXT, what an extremely stupid thing to even assume ?
Duh

ZonderP wrote:@fluffy..
Save the 32 sf2 files to any folder you have set up in energyXT's 'Setup' (Menu->File->Setup) under 'Browser'->'Samples'.
Then from XT2's built in browser (F3 to show/hide it) drag such a sf2 file from 'Samples' to the sequencer/tracks area. This will automatically create a track using the built in synth with the selected instrument loaded...
Hope this helps for the beginning...
Thanks for the instruction :)

Return to “energyXT”