xt1.4.1 how to trigger sequencer from midi part

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm triggering midi parts using note-on from another midi part,but i can't remember how to trigger a sequencer from note on.
is it possible?
i'm sure it is,just can't think.
please help birthday boy.
(i know i should be checking out xt2 new beta,sorry) :oops:

spacedad wrote:i'm triggering midi parts using note-on from another midi part,but i can't remember how to trigger a sequencer from note on.
is it possible?
i'm sure it is,just can't think.
please help birthday boy.
(i know i should be checking out xt2 new beta,sorry) :oops:
1) Draw in or record midi into the part
2) Select control mode - "Note on/off" or "Note trigger" - from the drop-down on the far left of the midi part window
3) Select which midi note is to be used to control the part from the drop-down just to the left of the mode drop-down.

Off-hand I don't remember what the "play" or "FR" options are. The rest is pretty obvious, I think.

HTH
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

If you mean the sequencer and not the MIDI part, you probably want to do it in live mode ;)
Duh

@SWTrex thanks,but as i said,i'm already happily triggering midi parts with note-on/offs,but wanted to trigger a Sequencer with note-on/off,can't see how to do that.
@bungle never used the 'live' mode.i'll have to check that out.i'd rather just trigger the sequencer with a note-on,though.

i always start a project by dropping in some vst and drawing notes in midi parts,then use a 'master' midi part to trigger all midi parts at once.
but i end up bouncing to wav then putting the wavs in a sequencer,but still want to trigger the other midi parts in sync with the sequencer.

ok,i figured out easiest way is to use a midi track with it's own midi port in the sequencer to be the 'master' midi part,to trigger all midi parts.
you need to turn off the 'sync' on the midi parts too,so the sequencer is the trigger.
yay,lots of old songs to finish!
cheers guys.:)

spacedad wrote:@SWTrex thanks,but as i said,i'm already happily triggering midi parts with note-on/offs,but wanted to trigger a Sequencer with note-on/off,can't see how to do that.
:dog: Sorry ... I mis-read that. :oops:
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

no probs.;)

Return to “energyXT”