+ looks

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://speedy.sh/9kRq7/looks.rar

just some fast change of colors to feed some nostalgia, maybe an idea for someone more talented .

When I click on the link above I'm transfered to a site where I can't download.
When I right click on the link and choose 'Save content as...' I can download the rar file,
but I can't open it with 7-zip.
Any ideas?

Click "+looks.rar" next to "download:" when on the site..the download should start i guess..

Thanks, this worked!
Didn't come to my mind to try this, since there is no real indication that this would be the link for downloading. Besides that the site tells a user that one must be premium user to download - or at least this is what I understood...
Nonetheless, I'll have a look at them now.
Thanks for sharing and - do you mind, if I add them to ' http://energyxt2.wikidot.com/looks '?

One more thing:
You did them with XT 2.7 beta 2, right?
I ask, because it seems that looks made with previous versions are not really compatible anymore with XT 2.7 beta 2 - at least when it comes to mixer's volume faders.
Your skins seem to be OK in this regard.

with the lastest beta ..right.
like i said this was more of a fast change of colors to match other software , besides ext, that i´ve been admiring trought the years, impulse tracker , bidule, buzz, audiomulch, but let me warning you that maybe some colors, faders, buttons , etc.. can be "wrong , missing, shouldnt be that way, etc...", if you still wanna upload them, no problem at all of couse. the idea is to have some looks resembling other software , hope to see some come up with other (or the same)examples and better :)!

Hi fields2!

It took some while, but now your looks are on ' http://energyxt2.wikidot.com/looks '.
I did some slight modification to all of them concerning the mixer fader stuff, because in 2.7 beta2 Jorgen introduced a bug which he then fixed in 2.7 beta3. This fix unfortunately rendered mixer fader stuff for looks made with 2.7 beta2 ugly and thus those modifications were needed so that the skins look the same as intended.
Thanks again for sharing!

on the subject of looks - can anybody tell me how to change the little master volume box at the top?
Cheers

Mick

@mickwest1:
This was really quite hard to find:
Windows->Textbox
Fill->Texture doesn't work for this item. It's either the solid color or the first color of the gradient.

Cheers,
Patrik

wahay - good man Patrik - actually the gradient gives the contrast for the level which is what I wanted

strange that the default was almost impossible to see - also applies to the Track / Led function - it was ages before I realised that existed!

thanks again
Cheers

Mick

'Track / Led function' - what do you mean by that?

For me the master volume seems to work a bit strange. If one wants to see a visual representation of the current master volume, then one needs to use the gradient of the text box. But then there is a gradient on all text boxes which is something I do not like. Not a big deal for me, because I do not care too much about the master volume anyway.

Track/Led gives a visual of activity on each track - but I had to change the colours to make it visible!
It's under sequencer in looks

I do use master volume so it's handy now I can actually see it properly - thanks again

Yes the other text boxes look a bit strange but if you select suitable colours it's OK
Cheers

Mick

fields2 wrote:http://speedy.sh/9kRq7/looks.rar

just some fast change of colors to feed some nostalgia, maybe an idea for someone more talented .
Good effort!

I downloaded your dibule theme.

I have to admit, that with the exception of one or two skins, most of them are god awful, but hey, what do I know. And even the ones I download look terrible. Maybe I should download the ones I think look bad and then they might be good?

It's a lot of effort to do what you did, so just saying thanks anyway.

I have a feeling with this release, there may be scope to just overall adjust the general look and feel. I don't know. I don't want to spend too much more time on this. And I don't have too much time to waste. But I'm up for ameliorating the work I have done.

There is only so much you can do with this program, with it not being truly skinnable, but I think that only goes in its favour at the end of the day. It provides a consistent scheme for people to work with and they can adjust the colours and tones as they see fit to their most ergonomic way of working.

Anyway, keep on trucking! But ditch the impulsotrator skins. They look terrible in my constructive opinion. Hues and saturations like that are to be avoided. This is the argument I and Teksonik have been trying to have with Vojtech from Melda Productions. He has been pretty responsive and I'm sure we will do something good for him to show that we are not just being negative and trying to hurt his feelings. Same with you.

Then again, it's not as bad as some of the stuff for XT2 I've seen.

Man, I got to say, those cats like .jon and what not that did the skins for the orginal XT1 were in a flurry. Truly humbling. And I know what they went through to achieve that. Serious bugs and flaws and major time needed to do that. And what they did, put us all to shame.

Blah blah blah, just some thoughts...

Return to “energyXT”