slow response times?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Btw, did you try uninstalling everything after backing everything up, and then reinstalling it?

It might seem like hassle, but it might be quicker in the long run.

Also, if the problem still persists after you doing this, it will give more useful information.

Change the name of the folder - don't use the same name as the one you delete - if you do.

Hey codec_spurt,

spacedad already just deleted the energyXT.ini file.
energyXT then creates a new - quite empty - one.
This is more or less the .ini he posted. With this .ini energyXT was as fast as it is supposed to be.
Then he added the 'little' VSTFolder and it was still very fast. It's only with his big VST folder where the problem appears. Therefore I really do think that it's just something in his VST plugins folder structure that give the slow response. And - unless you mean he should even uninstall all the plugins or even other stuff on windows - uninstalling and reinstalling energyXT only really shouldn't be needed. Just delete energyXT.ini and you DO HAVE a fresh install of energyXT! Believe me, in this case it's just that simple!

@spacedad:
Do you have more than one VST folders set up, when you speak about your big VST folder? Or is it possible that you have some symbolic links in your big VST folder that point to some external device like an external hard disk? I've an external harddisk that is superfast when it is running, but the spin-up takes some seconds.
And this harddisk goes to sleep very fast if nothing happens on it. It is designed for backups. Not good for daily continuous use. If anything in your VST folder points to content on such a drive and energyXT just wants to read in the directories to build up it's context menu structure, then it would easily be possible, that this can last some seconds. Just an idea.

Ok. I'm with you. But EnergyXT works on Voodoo. I don't know if you knew that?

:hihi:

It frequently breaks the laws of physics.

You are coming at it from a rational, scientific bent. That is good.

However.

Really. Delete the bloody folder. Make a new one. Call it something else. Turn your computer off and on again.

Humour me.

:hihi:

used 2.64 on two installs on the same machine... my vst folder is maybe 100 vst atm.. still takes a bit to open,

but i remember when the vst folder was larger.. large for me.. none of this gb business.. maybe 400 vst (no sample based data) and it took longer to open. so i wouldn't worry about it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I find the same on my laptop which I use to try out plug-ins and so have hundreds in there - Ext takes a good few seconds to respond - but I find that's only the first time in a session - after that it's ok

best to do what you did and trim down the plug-ins to what you use regularly

you can always load any plus-in from anywhere using the browser / disks section
Cheers

Mick

I haven't had that problem... but that's because I don't have that much plugins... I don't even use most of the ones I have... :). Every time it just comes down to 20 or something plugins that are really useful, most others are there just in case something special is needed.

i deleted XT,crap cleaned my registry.
reinstalled it in a different folder.
exactly the same slowness.

both XT and my VST folder are on C Drive,and i have a backup drive,so i unplugged it just incase.
still slow.

tried procmon,but it doesn't stop,so massive log info.
don't know what any of it means.
i'll look again.

i probly need to look at my vst folder,and i can always just not select it,then dragndrop from where i like.
thanks everyone.

check which folders are in the browser settings

you only need your actual vst folder to be there - like i said you can always load in any other vsts via the browser / disks section
Cheers

Mick

hi,there's none.
only my vst folder that makes it slow.
if i add my huge sample folders,it doesn't slow it down at all.

well what do you need them all for :)

i'm wondering tho how you're exporting projects from ext 1 to 2? print audio? midi and patches or something i don't know about?
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

i need them all,cos they're all brilliant and i'm a lucky guy!

xt1 can't handle lots of audio,so i just boounce to audio then load in xt2.

this was at the top of my largest folder list....http://pipelineaudio.net/products/kms-drums/
along with other sample-based or sf2 vsti's.
i could do some pruning,but not much tbh.
so i'll just not include my folder in the browser,and find a nice win explorer search app and just search for dll's.
and hopefully jorgen will come up with a fix one day.
cheers for helping guys.:)

aah.. A: what is a smoke break. every time you open a folder that's a clue to load another bowl and smoke on the finest herb of the kindest green weed called ganja.

Return to “energyXT”