eXT2 w/ ASIO4all - I/O "not connected" - SOLVED

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It used to work...now it doesn't. With ASIO4all selected, both the audio and inputs and audio outputs say "not connected".

I updated energyXT to the latest stable version (2.7) and updated ASIO4all to the latest - 2.11 I think it is. No help, in fact it now takes energyXT about 45 seconds to start.

I can open up my Native Instrument standalones (Absynth, Kontakt, etc.) and they work fine with ASIO4all.

I've tried an old version of eXT (2.5.4, dated September 2010) - still no joy.

I have no other apps running that use sound; I've rebooted; I've turned off system sounds.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
SWTrex
Last edited by SWTrex on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Windows 7, I guess?

The latest Asio4All seems to be crap. It crashes on my DAWs. Try the Fender Universal Asio Driver (an Asio4All derivate) http://www.fender.com/en-DE/support/art ... io-driver/
The Fender-driver doesn't care about the windows software-synth is running, or any system sound settings. I use it for about half an year and it's stable, fast and compatible to any DAW and any Windows version. Very cool.

What belongs to the 45 seconds boot-time: I think there was a solution here in this forum. As I remember, delete the energyxt.ini

You have 'libaam.dll' in the directory where the 'new' XT2 2.7 is installed/gets started from?
The update download on the energyXT site doesn't contain this file.
So if you installed/updated to 2.7 to a new directory just not to overwrite your old working 2.6 (or whatever version) this could be a possible reason for your troubles.

Thanks for the replies...

@fanta1: I've never heard of that...I'll give it a try.

@ZonderP: Yes, the libaam.dll is there. It's dated 2007...is there a newer one? (And I do remember your suggestion about the .ini file now tha you mention it...I'll give that a try, too).

The mystery still remains what has changed to cause this, as I don't believe I updated any software to affect its behavior.

Thanks again,
SWTrex

Anyone have any further thoughts or experiences with this? It seems to me to be an eXT issue, as my Kontakt standalones work fine with ASIO4all.

You checked the ASIO4All control panel?

Over here, I have two sound cards, the internal and the external (which I want to use) and some times it defaults to the wrong one. I also see "not connected" when some other program takes over the sound card -- you said you have no other stuff running, but perhaps something is still taking it over. I've also seen long boot times because of EnergyXT not being able to connect to the device it was configured to previously. There's a Windows setting for not letting programs take over the soundcard (or something to that effect) -- a browser will take it if it can. The control panel will not allow the soundcard to be selected in that case.

And yea, the new ASIO4All doesn't work here either, had to revert to an earlier version.

Did you try this inofficial version:

http://www.asio4all.com/debug/ASIO4ALL_2_12_English.exe ?

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, guys.

I've been through the ASIO4all control panel many times. The outputs (for my onboard sound) show, but have a yellow symbol of some sort that indicates it is not available, and some cryptic message when I hover that says "beyond logic".

The unofficial version of asio4all does not offer any change.

I would suspect my PC sound setup, but the big question I have is: "Why will my Native Instrument standalones successfully use asio4all while energyXT does not???"

"Native Instrument standalones" - are these 64 bit applications?

wuschel wrote:"Native Instrument standalones" - are these 64 bit applications?
They are 64-bit apps - would that make a difference?

In that case there is a FAQ on it. Chances are, at one point you had a software installed by the name of "SoundTap" , "Debut", or so...

http://tippach.business.t-online.de/asi ... f=11&t=475

wuschel wrote:In that case there is a FAQ on it. Chances are, at one point you had a software installed by the name of "SoundTap" , "Debut", or so...

That has to be it! The problem is described exactly, and I have installed "Debut". I'm at work now, but I'll check the registry when I get home. (How did you know that Soundtap and Debut might have been the culprit?)

Incidentally, I found a copy of miniHost last night, loaded it, checked the ASIO4all control panel, and sure enough, it showed the same thing as that under energyXT.

Thanks Wuschel...I appreciate the help.

SWTrex

SWTrex wrote:
wuschel wrote:In that case there is a FAQ on it. Chances are, at one point you had a software installed by the name of "SoundTap" , "Debut", or so...

That has to be it! The problem is described exactly, and I have installed "Debut". I'm at work now, but I'll check the registry when I get home. (How did you know that Soundtap and Debut might have been the culprit?)

Incidentally, I found a copy of miniHost last night, loaded it, checked the ASIO4all control panel, and sure enough, it showed the same thing as that under energyXT.

Thanks Wuschel...I appreciate the help.

SWTrex
That was not it...I am disheartened and totally crestfallen. :(
Two of three of the registry keys referred to in the link had improper values. I corrected them, yet nothing is changed. I am now at a complete loss of how to get ASIO back.

Hmm, we can always try to figure out what else went wrong.

First, there always should be a registry key named {4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} under the branches:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSetXXX\Control\Class\, where "XXX" is "001", "002", ...

Could you please describe what's in there, as far as your system?

wuschel wrote:Hmm, we can always try to figure out what else went wrong.

First, there always should be a registry key named {4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} under the branches:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSetXXX\Control\Class\, where "XXX" is "001", "002", ...

Could you please describe what's in there, as far as your system?

This is the key referred to in the link you sent a couple of days ago. It shows in three places:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Class\

Each has items named Class, ClassDesc, IconPath,Installer32,LowerLogoVersion,UpperFilters

In all three keys, the UpperFilters has two values: ksthunk and debutfilter.

What other details would help?

Do you think it would help to reinstall my audio drivers?

Thanks for your interest and help...its appreciated!

Return to “energyXT”